Morgoneths Jump

Hey there,
So. Has anyone beat Morgoneth at range?
Whenever he jumps on me, I´m instantly dead. And hell - he jumps even when out of screen.
Isn´t that attack a bit over the top?

Were 2 really strong builds.

He jumps on people? I’ve just been facetanking with glass cannon builds :upside_down_face:

What happens if you stay close to him? Unsustainable damage?

I fought him with about 10 different characters now. Melee, ranged, casters, pet builds. From hat I’ve seen so far, staying in mid to close range will always do the trick. Maybe that’s what we’re supposed to do. A bit like Warden Krieg…

True, Athremon.
When you´re too far away, that dude jumps even from off-screen onto you.
I´was 12k health, 89% cold with overcap, 83% vit with overcap, 15% phys, 1,9k armor, 2,9k DA, Phoenix up. And got one-shotted. Outrageous!

Wow, I also did not know he jumps!

I have only killed him with two characters so far, and they just face tanked him. I actually was disappointed on how quickly and easily he died and wrote him off as a rather weak boss?

Looks like some of my other ranged and caster builds are gonna get a nasty surprise with this encounter.

He curbstomped my Dagallon Purifier with an off screen leap attack. Got one-shotted as well and it was my first encounter with him. The dungeon was incredibly easy up to that point, even used all my potions to buff before going in.

I’ll try to kill him with my Dark One wendigo totem character tomorrow - if he can kill that then I’ll likely rage quit.

Are you playing HC? If so, wait, don’t rush it. Maybe the boss is bugged or something. No need to RIP right after the patch. All I can say is that you can kill Morgoneth very easily if you can facetank the boss and have plenty of damage.

My suggestion is to reduce his jump damage by a small percentage but significantly increase his cleave mace attack, and increase spinning whirlwind projectile attacks specially the hand shotgun special. This is to scare melee players and invoke respect. On closed combat he is a complete joke… plus that pet shade is not helping him at all

And what about his summons? Yesterday I kill the first shadows he instantly summoned five of them :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
first time against him I focused him and he only summoned a second shadow after some time and a pack of hounds. It was clearly an easier fight
My ranged char got wrecked by his jump too, fight lasted like 5 seconds :roll_eyes:

Naw, I never play HC, its just not appealing to me (I’ve given it the ole college try too).

By rage-quit its more like take a week off since I have very limited time with a 9 month old cruising around the house.

I’m thinking my Dark One Conjurer will be fine since they can face tank everything and has all BiS equipment.

My Purifier admittedly is barely overcapped on most resists but armor and Health is good. Even using potions it appears Morgoneth has some pretty intense DA (about 450!) and RR shred - that may have been what caused the instagib.

Tried killing him with my Conjurer using the Dark One set today. Face-tanked him no problem.

Lesson learned: Don’t try to keep your distance or you will get stomped. If you must kite then stutter step to keep him close. The moment you get a certain distance away, he does the jump attack.

Before he jumps he sort of lowers his weapon at you in a menacing manner. You’ve got ~a second to dash out of the way. It does hit hard though!