Most efficient way to farm Soul Echoes/Souls?

I personally went a fully buffed ascendant altar with frozen asters and then just did ALL the bosses, elites and totems in this game. and I mean ALL. LIKE REALLY ALL.

Including Barrog, Kerzogg, Farros the Rotted, Moneybags Martin, etc2. This method buffs their soul echoes drop. When Nemesis spawns they give you a high chance of a Soul Fragment too. In one hour you can get around alot of soul fragments (depending on how fast your character is), by transmuting all the echoes into fragments

Wow, that’s loads.

Have to disagree there. I’ve done test runs, and all the data points to: you get the most Soul Fragments/Echos per hour, the more Dreads spawn in your run.

Now of course you need a character that can kill the Dread with max altar. If your char can’t do it yet, then maybe try half-altar? Even with a melee character, there are piloting techniques that can allow you to kill her safely and consistently.

The bigger problem is that The Dread is bugged. So then, even with perfect piloting, you’ll get killed sometimes; unless you’re really good at counting hits/misses in your head and can predict when the bug will happen and dodge it too. That’s possible, but not easy.

I really hope Crate fixes the problem with monster Cadence soon.

4 Likes

Funnily enough, currently my best build against altar’d Dread is a melee build (Worldkeeper Witchblade), it’s just not comfy enough that I’d be willing to do it several times in a session (especially if I hit up eldritch areas, Ixall kind of counter this build pretty hard). Usually for comfy purpose I’d play a pet build, but it’s currently really bad vs Dread because of the turboleech. At least 1.3.1 public test fixed this with its pet resistance rework, but it’s still a while away from releasing and subject to changes.

Anyway according to the data I’ve seen in this thread, it seems that having Dread enabled is non-negotiable, it’s just a matter of what to put in Altar (or if I should put anything in Altar at all)

I guess you meant Altar with 5x Ashes (buffing the fragment chance) while Frozen Aester increase the Voidmarked chest chance?

Yes, my bad, and one of the best place to take advantage of this is in Lokkar’s dungeon if your build can handle it on Ascendant

Hmm havent tried doing the Edge of Reality? before Lokkar (i guess this is what you mean)?
Will give it a whirl, thanks.