Move +1 to all skills from Shattered Guardian complete bonus to the amulet

It’s rather a “jack of all trades, master of none” set.

I personally detest sets and like to see set pieces popping up here and there as niche one-ofs. +1 all skills has shown itself to be the opposite of niche, what with…

Fizzik’s
Peerless in vanilla/aom
Empowered essence up through AoM
Serenity relic
Clairvo helm before the set got reworked
Initial iteration of SR amulet

Generic good stuff sets a hard floor on what items can go in a slot. If a specific option can’t rise above the generic you get the generic by default. It’s not supposed to be a gleaming universal piece of godliness, just a stopgap measure to ensure builds lacking options have something decent.

We already have enough +1 all amulets, SR amulet fulfills it’s purpose as part of a mildly overtuned set.

All i hear is “we had it and it was bad”. And it sounds very much like “don’t touch what’s not broken”. And that is not how you improve the game. If it was BiS then its stats weren’t properly balanced, as simple as that.

SR set fills 2 of 4 main gear slots. It’s very build defining and all SR set builds have little room to look and play differently. All i’m saying is for such generic stats this set provides you CAN make it so that pieces on their own would be worth smth. You are basically saying one of 2 things 1) it cant be balanced that way. Which is wrong. Or 2) we dont need diversity from it. Which is odd to hear from a fan of this game but ok.

Isn’t it? I mean, a logical part of improving a game is not messing with the things that are fine.

There are 111 purple amulets, 134 blue, and 40 green. Why are you so determined about this particular amulet?

It was probably no exaggeration that when this amulet had +1 it was on every second build.

Easy +1 mid-game ammy, as mentioned, is empowered essence craftable at lvl 75 and BP available from merchants.

Unfortunately all the forum uproar around the time of the change is elusive to me right now and also there is nothing wrong with having an opinion. I think that if you did not want discussion you could have submitted to the no-reply suggestion thread.

No it’s not. You might be mixing the word “improve” with the word “fix”.

I did want the discussion but i didn’t get one. Saying “we had it and it was bad” is not a discussion, especially when i said i don’t want “things back” multiple times. No one provided any meaningful argument against as well as any counter argument to those present in OP.

I’m not determined about this amulet. I don’t give a damn about it, actually. I want “all or nothing” rule of the signature set of this game to go away. +1 to amulet is just easy way to do so. If you have any other suggestions - they might be much better than this. And not trigger any PTSD from the vets.

You did get one, you just got one you didn’t liked.

3 Likes

Or you chose to conviniently ignore the arguments people gave you because you didn’t like them. Quit your bullshit.

Sure. That’s why you are loudly demanding a +1 to all skills to be added to the amulet. Why haven’t you suggested the +1 to be added to other piece instead?

Signature set of the game according to who? To only you? Nobody has ever mentioned the concept of a signature set. You’re pulling stuff out of your ass to justify your silly attempts in balancing. And wanting something very badly doesn’t make it right. Sets are supposed to be more powerful when fully equipped than every piece separately. Unless you state the problem with that, you’re not going anywhere with your “I want cake now!” attitude.

2 Likes

discussion confirmed batman.

Good point. The issue of needing stopgaps between fully geared and just-finished-mc should be largely (but ofc not completely) fixed with the 1.1.5 blue update.

ftfy

Wanting a discussion but only with people who agrees with me, real internet classic. :smile:

2 Likes

Cause you don’t even read the ones that didn’t imply this, or the ones that are directly against what you wanted - an easy midgame +1 amulet.

I haven’t seen anything about your responses to blue beronath being craftable. You purposefully evading it cause it shuts down your strongest argument? Cause that’s exactly what it looks like. But to directly address every argument you made:

Already adressed this. It’s a set item. It doesn’t make sense for a lot of set items to be too good on their own.

People already answered this too. Beronath blue amulet.

False. One of the reasons why old SR amulet was so strong was because with its defensive perks all the other slots suddenly became available for offensive options.

By alternative you mean the combined stats of a conduit + slow res + another plus skills to whatever class you need? That’s a lot more powerful than beronath - That’s gg kaisan tier.

on Reducing stats and transfer it to other set pieces/bonus - that’s exactly what happened when they removed +1 skills on the amulet! If you reduce other stats and bring back the +1 skills? It’ll still be stronger than beronath. +3% resists is one of the best defensive stats in the game and some builds even use useless mod conduits just for this. Remove that? You still have slow res. Remove that? Your resists are still better than beronath and you have health and energy. Remove all of them and just have +1 skills? Then no one would use it even for the hypothetical midgame scenario you’ve been blabbering about since blue beronath is easier to get while being stronger.

I’m doing it now. Actually I just compiled the replies of the other people in this thread. They already countered the arguments in the OP. You just refuse to acknowledge them

1 Like

What does a proposed “stat redistributed” version look like in the OP’s eyes?

In all honesty, I think this change in SR amulet is possibly the biggest contributing factor to the decline of DW melee.

EDIT: Not trying to argue with anyone, nor am I saying that it needs to be changed back - just trying to say that I can see both sides of the argument

Nah, the decline started way after SR amulet was changed. It was done after some lesser enemies in Crucible got health boost and Vanilla nemesis were improved. More health to trash mobs isn’t a problem for build with AoE. But on.DW melee you don’t have it , so you became exposed to CC and ground damage too long. Also cold DW melee take multiple other hits.

So I don’t think it’s a valid point for SR amulet change.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, think about if DW melee had access to old school SR ammy. Less DW melee builds would run the complete SR set.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the previous iteration of SR ammy was OP. But I also do think that DW melee has been chunked time after time again

Biggest change impacting DW melee overall was enemy tune ups increasing kill times. This on top of nerfs to some popular, overtuned sets and pieces pulled some shake and bake builds below the damage output required for “away from brain” crucible cruise control.

It remains to be seen what 1.1.5 will bring. If MIs come into popular acceptance (doubtful) we’re due for an upward power swing when the definition of the average cold melee build ends up with +3 LA pants that have three useful resistances and slow res.

Something about distributing the health/+% all damage from the amulet to the set.

Which, hell, just delete the fucking health/+% all damage if that’s what it takes to get +1 Skills. Those stats are essentially meaningless relative to the rest of the stats on the amulet, even moreso if it had +1 Skills (again).

The SR set is designed to be grown out of, which is why you can buy it. Everyone can use it, but not everyone should, and that’s what diversity really boils down to.

1 Like

No. it’s actually the ridiculous amount of CC enemies now bring. Casters rule supreme this meta because of the fact that they don’t actually need to be around disrupt pools (hence the rising popularity of arcane harmony pants, a pair of pants which was rarely used before), or risk getting chain CC’d because they don’t need to get up close and personal.

Why i think that SR ammy has indirectly nerfed melee builds is because it just isn’t worth dedicating an amulet slot for the slow res on it. Which means that you’d need to find slow res from somewhere else (most commonly being crafting bonus…yet another advantage of arcane harmony).

It’s like janga really. Each change causes a ripple effect.

EDIT: Don’t get me wrong though mate, I love the fact that enemies now bring so much CC-res. It makes theorycrafting that much more challenging. But when you compare it back to AoM when people only really worried about stun res… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t at any time recall seeing any mention of enemies getting new cc abilities added in the recent patches. Maybe it slipped by me, or are we just talking about the same thing from different angles?

Could it be… with the buff to enemy durability it pushed the “dps things to ignore mechanics” out of reach of many builds to the point that it’s easier to gear to address the mechanics than it is to hunt down a working setup that yields a respectable shadow of the previous kill rates?

I’m 100% certain that this is a contributing factor, but it’s also not like many top auto-attacking builds are in need of clear speed. Yet, these top builds still go for arcane harmony.

Mad_lee’s valdun purifier comes to mind. I’ve even considered going arcane harmony on my warborn warlord because if you get disrupted in the middle of a mob, you’re probably dead.

You can’t run because you’re body blocked. You can’t use mobility augments because you’re disrupted. Ditto for trying to fight your way out of it.

So the solution?

1. Disrupt resist
  2. Circuit breakers - prismatic diamond, ghoul, SR set
  3. Devotions which give you adcth - Bat

And that’s also a big reason why slow res is HUGELY important on melee builds. Simply being able to run out of that kerfuffle 2 seconds quicker may be the difference between life and death

EDIT: Like sure, Z did indeed add more CC-res to the devotions (and thanks be to him for that), but the increase in enemy CC is relatively (and vastly) greater than the increase in player accessibility to CC-res.

I don’t recall there ever being a time in GD where DPS-oriented theorycrafters prioritized CC-res over things like flat damage, yet here we are.