Moved to elite at lvl 70, what do I focus on next

I finished the newest expac just as I hit lvl 70. I started over on elite and now I am getting hammered. My resists are not perfect but decent. I have looked thru my bank and done the best I can with gear. What should I focus on to try and get what I need? Also, a gear choice I made and suddenly my mana regen is in the toilet.

Grimtools would help

Thanks, pretty overwhelming info on the site, will just keep trying I guess

No, he means a grimtools link to your character so we can have a look at it would be helpful.

To upload your character to Grim Dawn Build Calculator click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

1 Like

Odd that it says I have points left to spend, in game I do not

There are a multiple solutions to energy regen problem - constellations such as Scales of Ulcama or Bard’s Harp, components like Arcane Spark, item mods such as “of insight”. The best solution depends on your build.

Fully maxed Word of Pain, Storm Box of Elgoloth and Inquisitor Seal are good at levelling, but they wont be enough for endgame. They’re just support skills (though there ARE some meme 0-CD Storm Box builds). For your current setup, just a few items with “of insight” mod should be enough to resolve energy regen issue. They also provide a very good damage boost. Alternatively, you can get Bard’s Harp constellation.
And you DO need Rhowan’s Crown constellation for your build, it will tremendously boost your DPS.
As you’re lvl 70 now, it’s time to think about your ACTUAL build and main skill(s) you’ll use. You also need to max Celestial Presence or Aura of Censure (prefferably both) to reduce enemy resistances and drastically increase your damage output.
And you gear… Even for a first character, your gear looks like just a random assortment of blue item you found and equipped. Your skills deal elemental damage (fire/lightning/cold), but your gear doesnt reflect that at all. Hell, you damage bonus doesnt exceed 300% at 70 level! A decent levelling gear provides more at level 20! In this game, it’s “color” means nothing if an item doesnt suit you or is simply weak. You can get far better setup with buying some green items from faction or killing some rare for their MI’s (with bonuses to Storm Box, Word of Pain and Inquisitor’s Seal). Or even buying items with “of insight” mod and a decent resist mod from vendors.
Sure, you somehow managed to clear Normal with your setup, but it’s far too behind even for Elite, not to mention Ultimate.
I can provide you better pointers after you decide what skills and damage type you want to use.

The site assumes you completed all the quests that provide extra skill and attribute points and reached maximum level.

1 Like

Pick a damage type and skill to go with it. Good ones for a Paladin are Physical, Lightning Fire or Cold.

I’d say elemental damage should be the first choice (fire, cold, lightning, or all three), because both masteries provide elemental damage RR and loads of skills to deal/boost it. Everything else is a bit suboptimal and probably requires specific legendary items to work well.

1 Like