"Murmur, Mistress of Rumors" (Devotion)

I am wondering about how exactly the devotion “Murmur, Mistress of Rumors” works.

The description says:
“The chilling truths of Murmur’s words spread amongst your foes, like a rumor that refuses to die, and shatter their minds.”
on lvl 20:
4s duration
97 cold dmg
97 acid dmg
-96 Offensive Ability
-23% Cold Res
-23% Poison/Acid-Res

Questions:
-When I hit an enemy with rumor I assume it gets struck with that flat cold and acid dmg as well as those debuffs mentioned (Offense and RR), correct?

-Does the duration of 4s mean that its flat dmg ticks like a DoT 4 times (once per second) and that the debuffs last for 4s?

-Or does it mean that I get a flat dmg buff for 4s against whatever enemy I will be attacking?

-The description says “spread amongst your foes”. Does that mean I will hit all nearby enemies when hitting the initial one, like an AoE (but whats its range then?), or can the “rumor” jump from enemy to enemy (but under what conditions?)?

Since you want most of your enemies covered by that “rumor” if you use it, the underlying mechanic seems to be crucial to me and I cant get behind it somehow.

So please reveal those Mistress’ secrets to me, you, that might be more private with her than I am right now.

Greets
Jeannex

It functions very similar to Bloody pox / Eldrich fire. The enemy is affected by the debuff for 4 secs with damage ticking every second. You only affect one initial target when it triggers, but any enemy nearby will have it spread to them. They suffer the RR and OA debuff for the duration.

Define “nearby” further please:
-Whats the range of this spreading?

-And can enemies that got “infected” by spreading, even spread it further themselves?

It chain spreads, infected spreads too. About the range it’s hard to say but it is quite effective. My advice is : Try out yourself. You can reset devotions and go for a different route if you don’t like it.

Ok thx so far for the input. It already helps me alot. Still, maybe we can dig a bit deeper even.

My problem is that I can hardly “see” the effects of my skills on the targets. 1st I dont see enemy debuffs and 2nd Im still lacking game experiance here to somehow “sense” the difference. And after all, I admit, Im a bit freaky about knowing whats going on behind the scenes.

So for comparison reasons I looked up those other 2 skills mentioned above and what info I could get for them:

Eldritch Fire for comparison:
In-game info: “Eldritch flames erupt from your blows and spread wildly among your foes.”
4 Second Duration
40 Fire Damage
40 Chaos Damage
-15% Movement Speed
-5% Fire Resistance
-5% Chaos Resistance

There are more infos on https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Solael's_Witchblade:
3 target maximum
15 maximum spread
4 meter radius area of effect

So I would assume Eldritch Fire on activation can hit 3 targets within 4 meters instantly and afterwards can spread to up to 15 targets. Is my assumption correct?
And do those max 15 targets have to be in 4 meters range aswell?
How close must targets be for the spreading to work?

Bloody Pox for comparison:
In-game info: Shunned even by many Occultists for the prolonged suffering it inflicts, this abhorrent curse calls down a virulent plague to spread amongst foes, inexorably sapping their life-force and causing them to bleed from every orifice.
33 Energy Cost
5 Second Duration
3 Vitality Damage
3-5% Reduction to Enemy’s Health
3 Bleeding Damage per Second

There are more infos on https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Bloody_Pox_(Skill):
contagion Interval: 0.7
contagion Limit: 2
contagion Maximum Spread: 15
contagion Radius: 4 meters

So the mechanic seems to be pretty similar to that of Eldritch Fire.
Only the initial limit seems to be 2 instead of 3.
And we get another interesting sidenote, “interval: 0.7”.
Does that mean that every 0.7 seconds the spreading continues?
Same questions as above though:
And do those max 15 targets have to be in 4 meters range aswell?
How close must targets be for the spreading to work?

“Murmur, Mistress of Rumors”:
In-game info: “The chilling truths of Murmur’s words spread amongst your foes, like a rumor that refuses to die, and shatter their minds.”
4s duration
X cold dmg
X acid dmg
-16 Offensive Ability
-5% Cold Res
-5% Poison/Acid-Res

Well and now the question, if/how this other off-game infos carry over to “Rumor”, since for that Devotion there sadly is no further off-game info on above linked website. Also, is there a difference between “spread” and “spread wildly”?