My Templar sucks :P

So, I started a new char as Templar, I’m level 81 and I can’t do any dungeons even in elite.

I have no set pieces whatsoever and I’m running a EoR + empyrion guys “build”.

Any ideas to have a sort of powerup without needing set pieces?.

Thanks!.

(I know that lategame I can farm the Vanguisher set, but too soon for me yet)

Link your build here via Grimtools here. We can’t help you without it :slightly_smiling_face:

How do I get the link?

In the top left hand corner of GT, there’s a little arrow symbol which allows you to upload your character file. This also assumes that your characters are saved on a local folder.

Is there a way to sync my steam profile?, since I only use steam cloud for saving progress.

Unfortunately, no.

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

Got it:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOOKEYN

Right off the bat - it’s your resists which are getting you killed. Get some augments in. Prioritize elemental
(fire and lightning especially), aether, and vit

Your OA/DA values are also really low. You want to get them to about 2.4k at the very least. Most above average builds have around 2.7k.

Next, your damage type is all over the place. I’m guessing you’re going fire heavy?

Get a seal for a spammable skill (shame that stormfire got nerfed hard).

Devotions are also wonky. There should be an oldish post I made explaining the how’s of devotions under the guides/tutorial sections.

Outdated it might be, but the underlying logic should still be very applicable.

EDIT - iskandra’s skill line will give you some VERY tasty stats.

Skillwise - I would go something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j1KJ4N

Might want to have another look at it spanks. Might be some pics missing or something and text in spoilers.

I’ll get around to updating it! ><

I’m hesitant to do so rn because of all the changes

^I wrote a section titled, ‘conquering the level 70 - 94 levelling rut’

Might be helpful too.

Yeah my entire build is dogshit I know :stuck_out_tongue:

I updated my skill build to what you proposed, looks like it works better. Still need to add some resist, I cant even do elite broken hills dungeon.

Btw, since my build is going to be fire heavy, should I go for fire devotions?. Meteor shower for example?.

Brother (or sister)…if you could see the countless shite builds I have deleted :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. Go for fire heavy devotions. Soleal’s flame. Crown. Meteor shower. Fissure if and only if you can fix your OA/DA. If you read my devo guide (which is long af), it’d be one of the ‘nice-to-have’s’ and not a ‘must-have’ devotion.

Classic example of want too much = get nothing. Gotta choose one thing, one damage type, one main skill, etc, and invest everything there is in it. Like Vire is great but you can’t max it (unless you go for Vanquisher build later on). 1 point in each node is enough to have it for mobility. Judgment - go to a dummy and see how much damage it really deals as opposed to how much damage you can deal by EoR in that time and consider how many point you put in there. Guardians first node, too, wasted points. You need arcanist essentials: Maiven, Inner Focus and Overload at 12/12, etc.

Also, you’re lvl 81 and you’re using no components or augments.

Damn, can’t farm dungeons yet and the only cool build I see is the skater one for Templar :P.

I will experiment with the shield bounce one, but couldn’t find anything good for it so far, it’s a shame if that’s the case, I like the skill.

What difficulty are you on? What’s the current build? If you’ve passed elite there is always a possibility to put together a good leveling build using only faction and farmable MI gear.

I’m doing ultimate, just hit level 94.

Build is something like Vire’s might without any of the cool bonuses, zero set pieces because dungeon.

Sorry I’m at work, cant link it.