Necromancer item unobtainable for Necromancer?

Hello,

So I am wondering if this is an oversight or intentional. The below item boosts the Necromancer skill Bone Harvest, but as a Necromancer you can’t actually obtain this item, because the NPC that drops the item only appears if you are aligned with Kymon’s Chosen. But as you know, Kymon’s Chosen will not align itself with a Necromancer.

So is the intention for you to create a second character and align it to Kymon’s Chosen just so you can obtain it?

Thanks.

4 Likes

I had precisely the same thoughts when I was leveling my Bone Harvest Necro recently.
It would have been BIS for me but I was not able to obtain it.

1 Like

You can only do it if you select first your other class, then select Kymon Chosen faction after that pick Necromancer class. This way will work on all difficulty levels.

Killing Necromancer for Necro item sounds thematically appropriate but indeed creates the absurd situation of you can’t get it with your Necro class build. Kymon are also crazy bastards :smile:

2 Likes

well, with the way how kymon, vigil, anasteria, and barrowholm faction rewards exclusivities are designed, it is obvious crate designed it this way to encourage players to make different builds and enjoy the game from different perspectives.

for example, pierce/bleed assassin warrior builds gained very little faction benefits from siding with anasteria. thus they are encouraged to be hostile with anasteria, to farm her mage oriented MI drops for other characters.

that item above is still useful for oathkeeper for its -recharge and +skill for resilience. and oathkeeper gained a lot of faction rewards for siding with kymon’s (physical/fire/lightning oathkeeper anyway)

1 Like

Created a new character and this worked, thanks!

1 Like