Need help on Sorcerer Build

tks for the clarification. don’t think mortar is my kind of play style. and i think i’ll just go along the fire route as i’ve already got the gear now and if i choose to branch out, i’ll have to find gear from scratch.

learning lots, tks!

i have been always obsessed with +% damage and didn’t realize that it is not the most efficient thing to do now that i already have alot of it and shld focus on resist reduction. So if that’s the case, why not flashbang?

wow i didn’t know that there are fixed levels where skills are more effective. so i shld pull points out of blast shield for now, until i can hit level 10?

tks for the suggestion. however to go into aether now means i got to get a whole set of gear isn’t it? think i wld rather continue along the line of fire.

what does “proc fissure” mean?

and why did you not choose BWC if RR is our objective? wldn’t that be easier to deploy than mortar or thermite?
and why mental alacity?
the other thing i don’t understand is why so much more points on inferno than CT?

Most of the gear for Aether are from faction shops… so I still think you will have an easier time making a decent aether sorc build :wink:

Fissure is a devotion skill from the “magi” constellation

You need as much resistance reduction as possible, and you can get flat rr from Rhowans crown so the last bwc modifier is not needed unless you for some reason dont wanna do for that devotion.

Mental Alacrity is good for skill cost reduction and casting speed.

I have no idea why he went with maxing inferno before the main CT skill.

I have no idea why he went with maxing inferno before the main CT skill.

For me there are 3 reasons to use a component attack skill:

1. primary attack because it’s better than options or saves skill points or simply you want to use it
  2. support another primary attack via dots mostly
  3. activate(or proc) a devotion or other proc

So at your level, skill points are restricted, equipment is limited, and it makes no sense to alternate between fireblast and CT, as they do mostly the same thing at this point.

It’s cheaper on points to maximize the burn of CT and then spam fireblast for the main. I might have recommended the transmuter on CT, but with ~5m radius you may find it better to spam it around the room a bit to start some dots on everything, rather than waiting 5s for each group. (transmuter is better for more damage on single targets such as bosses, though)

And I assume you would probably migrate to potentially better component attacks such as seal of destruction’s Stormfire or the Conflagration Relic’s channeling skill.

So the concept is to put lots of burn on stuff -from a few different sources. Then let that do much of the extra work while you use fireblast. A dot lasts for a number of seconds, but each not-dot is only applied based on cast or attack speed. Both fireblast and CT don’t do amazing amounts of non-dot fire and it doesn’t make sense to alternate between them for the non-dot damage.

You did indicate you wanted to use fireblast…

Ok, Inferno is maxed since (greater) fireblast is to be used as the primary spam spell.

one other question, what types of equipment shld i be looking out for? i know for sure +fire and burn damage. how abt +aether? is that necessary?

It depends on what route you wanna take.

You definitely want to make sure your defenses are top notch first either way.

i went for something like what you suggested. Now for every new point i get, i’m still stuck wondering where i shld put into? Put into thermite, devastation, CT, vindictive flame, agonizing flames,bwc?

The main issue i have is, i’ve absolutely no idea how to compare the benefits of one skill over another at this point? how does -resist (thermite or AF or BWC) compare with adding more damage (Devastation, CT)?

And even among -resist skills, which gives the most value for each point now? BWC, AF, VF, OFF?? how do i even get some idea??

totally lost… :undecided:

Thermite mines have an awkward hit function so I would just go for devastation as primiary source of damage.

You can see the damage numbers in GrimTools so you can figure out what the most damage gain per point is

yeah i know i can see damage, but you can’t tell how -resist effectively works on enemies. So when shld you prioritize +damage and when -resist?

+% damage will always work. Resistance reduction is more imporant for monsters with high resistances on that particular element. What is good about thermite mines is that they scale bad so you only need a few points into them. What sucks about thermites is that they are awkward to aim.