Need help with a Scythe Build

I want to preface this by saying I know absolutely nothing about the game past the basic mechanics. When looking online for builds that would be fun reading through builds on the forums is just walls of useless text. I have no clue what any of the words means and I cant figure out how to build a char from scratch using a max level build with all the correct gear.
I just want a build using a Scythe (Or weapon transmogged to a Scythe) thats not using EoR.
Chaos builds or other specific elements sound fun but thats not important.
Whats important is this:

2h Scythe (Or transmogged 2h Not EoR)
Viable for the entire game (I want to eventually raise the difficulty to max)

Pointing me in the right direction for this specific build would be nice, but what would be better if I could get a simple quick rundown on what Skills I need on top of it. I have looked a many different builds recently trying to find one to work off of but I do not understand anything of them and I end of not playing the Game.

I appreciate any help yes this is probably a lot to ask for but I am a absolute idiot.

Thank you, Lxrd Mage

Select the 2h melee guide you prefer - or the one with the endgame target build you prefer. Each 2h melee weapon can visually be made a Sycthe (via Illusionist).