Need help with my Witchblade

have you tried to shop for a decent Colossal Bulwrak? it lowers cdr of Overguard. You should need Markovian defense in a Warborn build.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1JyrnZ

I am not sure if you are going for retaliation build or just a shield tank, but Veteragna has made a modern version of Markovian Witch Blade (and even I chimed in with my own version). It’s slow but super consistent for Crucible Farming, does its job in under 12 minutes with 4 blessings no banners and never dies.

Plenty of people have suggested this. The main reason is I’m not going to look for a double green shield, even if it’s shop farmable. But I seriously doubt anyone who suggested dropping Markovian’s Defense has ever tried facetanking a fevered rage 150-170. Markovian’s Defense is crucial to face tank, and I don’t want to make a 100% block melee character just to have to kite 4 out of every 14 seconds.

Veretragna*
Normally I’m not such a stickler for spelling but it’s hard to search for someone’s post when you have the wrong name :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I wanted to make a build that could face-tank fevered rage. I had already theory-crafted a 100% block/recovery core for soldier so I figured, why not combine the two. Retaliation seemed to naturally fit the gameplay so I put it in, but it turns out it sucks. Trash gets obliterated anyway, or gets stunlocked by targo’s hammer, so it was only good against heroes. But most heroes prefer to use abilities at least half the time, so it got even less good. And then to top it all off, I needed to tech the build against mages, which retaliation is useless against.
So I dumped retaliation altogether.
Veretragna’s witchblade is definitely better for crucible because he doesn’t try to facetank fevered rage, so he doesn’t have to use markovian’s defense. My current build couldn’t beat in 12 minutes.

TL;DR It was an experiment to combine fevered rage + 100% block/recovery. Retaliation seemed to fit but it turns out it sucks (who knew? :rolleyes:)

Okay after plenty more experience with the build, I’m willing to try out a green. I might actually go for Aeon so I can still get 2 overguards in a row since I won’t need the 5% block chance from obelisk anymore.
Can someone recommend a good method for shop farming? Is it as simple as launch, tp to malmouth, shop, menu, repeat? Or is there a faster way to reset the shop?

edit: Jokes. Green seems to be trash. I tried a green I found with an acceptable suffix but it wasn’t worth it at all. I get maybe a 5% damage increase from spellscourge + markovian’s defense because i lose 250% physical damage, but I lose way more than 5% defense overall due to overguard cooldown.
I’m still trying out aeon though without markovian’s defense, and that seems to be a lot better. Haven’t tested crucible yet since I need to max out devotions. To go for aeon but still keep obelisk for the 5% block chance, I had to drop harp, so I swapped a topaz for an arcane spark and that solves energy problems for normal play. May need potions vs nemeses/bosses. I also was able to fit in ghoul with the extra slack from dropping harp, which is nice.