New Leviathan theorycrafting

Leviathan Death Knight is just a very old concept. People did try this build long ago. Physical cadence got some big changes with: 1, Crimson Claws buff (100% pierce conversion - mostly for Hammerfall augment and Azrakka devo, and some nice +2 more target), and 2, at 20/12 Fighting Form you gain 1 more target. Now aiming for 26/22 Cadence is crucial (or at least 26/20), and Crimson is a must. I just dig my old Levi DK from the bottom of my char list, here he is: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAdeRQ2
I dont remember the last time i played this DK, but its worse than Beronath + full warborn DK. The new buff is nice, but i doubt things change. If they can change those useless “50% vit converted to physical” to maybe “50% aether dam converted to physical”, it will be a lot better imo

1 Like

Ravager Kill 1m53s

Grimtools

SR 75~76

Grimtools

3 Likes

Damn man! The +skills are insane on this. +2 all skills, +4 Soldier Skills!!! Jeeeeeesus.

Dreadchill raises the target cap on Necrotic to what 14? Dreadchill is probably better for cruc than bear king.

Cadence hit for 6 target and Necrotic for 14 targets sound very good, but i just tried Cru a few times and it’s still worse than Berotnath + warborn DK. I think the most important point is the range damage of every 2 handed mace with the randomness of Cadence hit. Cadence can hit with 800 flat Leviathan has, but also can be miserable 132 flat. Thats just inconsistent

and that will clear slower than some of the RoH or SoC builds out there. Point being this is for levi. Yeah 2h has pretty much always had issues with consistency and attack speed.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAdo5o2

I enjoy it , Its fun grabbing oleron also

why did you compare those completely different skills/builds’ performance? My points are: 1, they are all Death Knight and 2, they are all using Physical Cadence as the main atk. Then what is the point of using Levi, when Bero + WB always perfoms better than all Levi’sDK can do at the-exact-same-concept? Levi got buff because of that reason, but the buff is still not enough, especially with those vit conversion and still low atk speed

Because only builds specifically based around levi matter in this context. If you want to compare cadence builds we can take looks at pierce tact, phys tact, warlords etc. Want to compare death knights? There’s also krieg etc etc. Comparing 2 builds that use the same attack replacer when the build goals are different is silly.

I’m specifically building around levi. Yes dual wielding/other setups do more damage but then it’s not a levi build.

My point is exactly for Levi. What i said is Levi got buffed, but STILL NOT ENOUGH. And what you said is not on point. Again, i’m talking about “physical-cadence-deathknight”. All 3. Not 1 or 2. Not pierce, not aether krieg, not even close to tactician or warlord. What is “build goals different” between those both "PHYSICAL CADENCE DEATHKNIGHT"s, and Levi is worse than other? If you still not get that i’m saying because i actually care for Levi, then i got nothing to say. You can be happy with still-awful-Levi like you want

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwW7o8Z Here, I just turned my Gutsmasher Warlord to Leviathan one, I made a tanky one, so don’t expect fast killing. Stats are much better in game.

And stop arguing please, you don’t even understand each other. One side supports Leviathan is still useless in DK(kinda right), the other side just want to try the Weapon! it’s just that. Not everyone’s expectations in the game is sub 7 crucible times or SR 90. Some people just want a Leviathan build that can do some 65+ just that. So it’s pointless to argue, If we start comparing builds then we need to compare some piloting aswell. This is a single player game, and a free forum, just chill and enjoy.

2 Likes

I wanted to make Physical Bone Harvest centered (meme) build and this weapon would be the best choice even despite not having cooldown reduction but I don’t think build was coming along since I didn’t finish it.

(by Bone Harvest centered I mean Ghol gloves, ~26/16 BH and high SH)

3 Likes

Again, i’m talking about “physical-cadence-deathknight”

I’m talking about levi. This entire thread is solely for levi. I don’t care about your DK Cadence woes.

I don’t think that’s worth it personally.
Another thought: Has someone tried running with Oathkeeper/Necro for more physical RR? RF + NE. I’m not sure if it would itemize well at all.
edit: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVv5nQW2 More RR, more AS, less flat.
double edit: Note: You hit the 15 target mark with oppressor NE instead of 14.

2 Likes

The transmuter that converts Physical to Cold ruins it :man_facepalming: Not sure how could I missed it.

2 Likes

Isn’t Markovian advantage bad for 2 handers?

It will be awful for Crucible but good for other contents. In Crucible you need AoE burst damage and also multiple procs or sources of DoT stacking can help.

Leviathan Cadence is limited to big single target hits. But on Crucible main danger is CC effects, lots of CC. So slow attacking 2H is doom to fail lots of the strikes.

Build needs more defenses. Gladiator Belt+Scales combo, maybe even Ghoul.

Blade Arc on CD can help with AoE and Trauma damage bonus.

It’s been tested before as damage loss.

a lot of words, many words

“because that’s all that matters.”
/s
Better now?

Yeah I’m okay with it but I don’t think it’s interesting enough to make me want to load up the game and test it. Given what I’ve seen in this thread it seems to be an alright but not top of the line build. Going by Critt’s time, I think the buff was fine and the weapon is in an alright place. Not everything can be prenerf soulrend.

Ya I dont see any problems, I think its fantastic and love using it… for physical damage its good stuff

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOGAmeN

I built this and managed 4:57 first run. Not sure if OP is still interested but it definitely works well in crucible.

This looks good, congrats on your time!
I was only really marginally interested to begin with.