New player could use some help

Hey all love the game so far. Could use some help with talents, devotions and such. Seems like i dont do too much damage and die pretty fast. I love the 2 handed Spellbreaker though.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAjAmoZ

You’re mid-leveling so it’s not really a build. But here’s some advice.

Have a vision for the build. One damage type and as much resistance reduction as you can get. One or two main sources of damage. Prioritize gear drops that give you resistances, you need to get to 80% and beyond on every one of them asap. Have a source of sustain (healing), ideally “attack damage converted to health” (adcth) and skills that deal weapon damage (pick up Ghoul devotion asap).

As for where to put points, search the forums for cold Shadow Strike builds and see. I think you’ll find some links here Any good shadow strike build left?

The “Y” key is a standard shortcut to a second bar, use this to put your auras on one bar and switch back to the other bar for normal fighting. Aim for starpact if you want a cold or lightning style. Other than that, try to take some skillpoints out of overcapped skills and use em in your arcanist bar.

Whats your best tip on boosting resistances? if you look at my gear what can i do im having trouble with that part.

Use faction gears, components and augments.

Some low hanging fruit is this:

Skills - Elemental Awakening: Boosts some of your lowest resists, and you’re already using the skill, so why not?

Devotions - Crane and then Ulo keeper of the waters are not out of your way; until you have resists solved, they seem like they could help

Items - Not all your gear is slotted; I can’t guarantee what you have available but something should be in there.

Just with those things, assuming you’re not actually yet on Ultimate, I have you getting to 70%+ across the board:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwz7MKV

Mind you, that’s assuming you’re on Elite, if you are indeed on Ultimate the situation is even more dire, but the same would apply. Note that having an 80% resist vs a 10% resist means it takes 4.5x more damage to kill you, so it definitely matters. I’m a newbie myself so ignore any recommendations that are impractical or terrible; best of luck!