New to modding, can't figure this out after 2 days

I might be a bit slow on this…
Let me try to keep it short and simple as it should be.

I put the following file, modified as a test, into my mods folder - it shows up ingame, it contains only this one file.

It has no visible effect ingame however - I tried to raise the skills cap (not my actual intend but I noticed nothing I did had any effect ingame, even when I was trying to modify already existing mods, so I figured I’d test out with anything else that looks simple) …I just dont know what Im doing wrong, I import some .dbr file into asset manager, save said file, put it into the respective path into the mod folder… I feel I’m missing something fundamental here and I tried the past 2 days already, someone please help? Will pay in many thanks

small edit, I forgot to include: I do select the mod when Im ingame

The path looks wrong to me. It should be records/skills/playerclass01/

I triedit now, still no luck sadly

I made sure that I’m actually using the edited file already

Maybe it’s worth mentioning that I simply save the file trough DBR editor? Really just guessing at this point

I see other mods contain some arc files, which I don’t have, could that be related?
I hope I’m not bothering anyone with my basic questions here

Can there be some kind of conflict because I have the extracted files in the base folder of the game? I guess I will try if thats it…right now - update: that wasn’t it

update 2: trying to open the 1 single file in DBR editor, throws a “template not found” error at me, so my next best guess is that I need to include some sort of extra file into the mod, will try out more things

Just to be perfectly clear, you are building your mod, right? Default F7 in the Asset Manager.

In fact, I was not…
Also fact is that I should have set the working paths correctly and used the “import record” feature instead of trying to manually creature folders etc. , because the way I did it before, I never would have been able to even use the build feature… so yeah excuse my dumbness.

Now…its all working, so yay.
Many thanks to you both