Newbie in Town

I’ve been playing Grim Dawn now for the past year. And am severely hooked bad. I have just discovered this forum of yours today. I just need a little understanding of why everytime I reach around level 50… I lose a skill point to build my character up. Why?? Went from getting 3 to 2 skill points only. I thought it was supposed to be 3 all the way through. Or did i do something wrong in the incremental steps needed to be taken with each build. ??

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/character/character-basics/

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. I am really happy I found the forums today. I thought I was doing something totally wrong. Much appreciate your help in directing me to the answer I was looking for. Thank you again. I can now play the game with a little more confidence in knowing what I should do to plan out a better build. :smiley::+1::fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

overall much recommend browsing/skimming through that “game guide”
i’ve seen people sometimes be “annoyed” when referred to it, with the usual/“modern” stance of “a game shouldn’t need site guide to understand mechanics”,
but it’s basically just a digital version of game manuals or game guide booklets of “old” - and there is much useful and valuable information to be expanded upon than mere ingame tooltips can handle :+1:

3 Likes

Little “pro” tip, since after level 50 you’re rewarded with only 2 skill points instead of 3, it’s recommended for your character to already be at the end of your main class mastery bar. The reason is initially mastery bar will provide you with enough stats and later you can start investing more points in passive skills. And exclusive skills are usually worth rushing, for example playing elemental Inquisitor, Aura of Censure is really good.

If you don’t invest in mastery bar early levels, you have to do it after level 50, when you’ll have less skill points per level and that could make your progress slower.

3 Likes

Yes. It was of great value to a new starter like myself. Much was learned and perceived very well. I am loving this game so much. I must had built at least 8 different builds and ended up deleting all but what I am currently working on now. And I actually made it of a female gender. cause I thought why not do like a Laura Croft theme character. Would be fun. And it turns out she is one of the best builds I have ever built to date. Comical I know. She has kicked ass to so many bosses that I couldn’t beat before. The more you know. As they say.

How are you doing with the game today? How many builds do you currently have?

Great advice. I appreciate this. Will be taking it. I got a long weekend ahead. Much Grim Dawn on the brain. LOL :eyes::fist_right::smiley::smiley::+1:

1 Like

Surprises me, that many people don’t check out the guide, even though it has a dedicated big button in main menu.

1 Like

Guys, what the hell? It’s a newbie. What are you waiting for? Eat him! While he’s still fresh! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nah, we only like our meat rotting. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought that was just @powbam :rofl:

2 Likes

I just like 'em angry and putting up a fight, it don’t matter if they are “new” or “rotten” :wink:

bj7ri

3 Likes