No longer getting devotion points

I finished veteran level with 54/55 devotion points (i couldn’t be bothered with tomb of the heretic). I then moved to Elite and began collecting devotion points from the shrines there. I was collecting points just fine (i had the original 54 points plus another 16 or so on top of that), but then I decided to drink a potion that reset devotion back to zero. After this I seem to be restricted to 55 points in total (so i lost about 15 points). I can do shrines in elite but I no longer get any points doing so (I have done about 30 points worth in elite now).

Is this how the devotion points are supposed to behave - not getting any shrine points after drinking a potion/going to a higher difficulty or are you supposed to keep your points earned plus get new ones (maybe i had a bug before where I was able to keep accumulating) ?

You keep your devotion points when you drink a potion that resets them.

Just to be clear though, there is a cap of 55 devotion points. Clearing any more shrines after you have 55 devotion points will not provide any more unless you use a mod to increase the cap.

I’m not using any mods atm (well except grim internals) so I did think it was odd I seemed to be getting more than the 55 points. Maybe it was a visual bug in the interface and I could not actually use any points beyond the 55, even if it showed i had more points to spend. I still have a copy of the character before I made the change so I might go back and play with it. Given you don’t get any more points I guess doing shrines in Elite or Ultimate is really optional for the credit points and maybe the additional gear drops.

Thanks for the quick response and clarification, much appreciated. Back to the grind for now !

Yes, once you have 55 points cleansing any others is just for the XP and loot they can drop. If you craft a lot then probably best just to do the corrupted ones where you have to fight monsters to cleanse them. That way you’re not using up materials.

And you can’t finish Vet with 54 devotion points. There are only 47 shrines in Normal/Vet. Any others you got had to have come from Elite difficulty.

Thanks for the clarification on the points per difficult level ! You’re correct - i had 46/47, so I guess since I have 55 now it took at least some of the ones i earned in Elite before things maxed out.

Also thanks for the advice regarding shrines strategy. I’m just starting to give crafting a hard look so anything to avoid wasting hard to come by materials is appreciated.

I am replying to an almost 5 year old post now and let you know that, in the bug you experienced, you are not alone but points just became 55/55 when I logged out/in, from 55/55 +2 available points to normal I mean…