Noob friendly build? couple years since I played

looking for something thats easy to play and re-learn, the build guide compedium is hard to follow for me so far

I played one of those ranged Shaman big hammer builds years ago and enjoyed that

any advice?

1 Like

Welcome back. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have the expansions for the game then look here.

1 Like

thank you. I see there is a 1.9, are these viable for that?

Yes, most of them will be. If you want to you can ask in the relevant thread if there are any changes that need to be made.

I’ve tried 3 outdated builds: vitality cooldown caster conjurer, elemental pew pew and spin2win shiledbreaker, and I feel they’re all capable to finish the campaign at least. I have a total cruise over the campaign with the spin2win especially, because it’s really easy to gear:

[1.1.4.2-1.1.8.1] Shieldbreaker from A to Z, including end game, budget build+leveling guide

I haven’t yet finished ultimate with it however.

edit: more precisely. I’ve indeed finished the campaign with my Dark One’s Vitality Conjurer (see guide from Nery). It’s a very tough build, but not a very fast killer ; I kill random stuff much faster with my fire spin2win shieldbreaker. The conjurer can face tank and kill some serious stuff though, like Mogdronen or Ravager. I’ve not tried that yet with the shieldbreaker.

2 Likes

Vitality Conjurer - Dark One
Pet Conjurer - see Maya’s Carnival guide for budget setup
FW Soldier into Apex Krieg Death Knight — check out sp00ky’s leveling guide and then Stupid Dragon’s guide for Krieg setup

I would also suggest checking out RektbyProtoss’s YouTube channel, he has a bunch of video series where he levels builds from scratch through the end of campaign in HC. He includes links for leveling setups in his video descriptions.

3 Likes

From my experience as I often delete all my characters & do a frest start when a new patch come out

• Forcewave DK / Warlord
  • Bleeding Trickster / Archon
  • Vitality Conjurer

all of these builds are brain-dead imo & I love it lol

I don’t like pets , so I don’t have any opinion about pet build

2 Likes

thanks folks, started playing then realized how much more I like the game with mods, I like the 5x monster game, lots of pew pew

1 Like

Welcome back to GD. There are plenty of beginner-friendly builds (which require no endgame gear) available in the thread medea linked. Which playstyle do you enjoy? With the current state of the game, it is possible to make very strong builds only using budget gear. If want to make your own build, we can also help you with that if you link your grimtools.

1 Like

the only style I never played has been a range caster, so gonna try that. I did do that OP Shaman lightning build years back and loved that stuff. Spin looks fun too, but that gets tiresome

1 Like