Noob Q about Paladins

I love the thought and look of the S and B paladin but I dont know much about how stable they are as an end game class? Was wondering how they hold up or if the DK (or other S and B) is just a better option?

Thank you for you time.

For Shield build you want one of the two classes - Soldier or OK. Soldier provides defensive shield abilities, OK offensive. Inquisitor is very good defensive support to OK, cause you have Seal, Heal, Damage reduction from Censure. So it’s should be viable option defensively.

1 Like

Thanks Nery! I just havent seen so much buzz about Paladins on the boards as other classes so was wondering if they were getting the silent treatment for a major reason :slight_smile:

Most of the Shieldbreakers that focus on Oathkeeper skills work just as nicely or even better as a Paladin.

1 Like

Rekt do you mean something like this as an example?

Yea virtue set works just as well for Paladins.

1 Like

Thank you!

You should say “just as bad”. But Paladins and Shieldbreakers are brothers, they share common build archetypes.

You’re right, virtue set is not in the best spot right now, but it should still be good enough for any player that doesn’t care about doing 150-170 crucible sub 8 minutes and SR 75-76 super easily. Afaik virtue should still be able to tackle all content, just not very fast… It definitely needs (at least a small) buff though.

I am gonna update my Virtue build and have to say it’s really disappointing both in SR and Crucible. It definitely need more support to damage. Aegis was gutted and build can’t be caster or melee.

But still Paladin with it will be good enough. I made very decent DW melee with SR set, which is in compendium. Ranged builds are good, especially Stronghold and Hellborn. So Paladin have multiple viable builds.

Im just going through the campaign from scratch with a self find S and B…talking my time… Thought Pally would feel strong enough to stand in the middle of the pack and stay alive. (Suggestions welcome)

Ive had fun with Vindicator as well with 2 hander.