Noob question about gear drops

I’m trying to gear out one of Maya’s pet builds. For instance, I’m looking for the Bysmiel rings, among other pieces. Grimtools say they are from the FG expansion. Does that mean I have to be in that expansion’s “territory” for them to drop, or do they become a world drop? I’m struggling on Normal SR past 45 atm, so farming there isn’t really productive. Not sure how else to accumulate what I’m missing.

No, it just means they were added with that expansion. They can drop anywhere in the game.

i would look to improve your build until you an do SR75 on Normal, otherwise there just isn’t much point in spending time trying to farm SR much less on normal that has reduced rewards
get components and faction reputation up for faction gear/recipes/components and especially augments
utilize MIs or other targetfarmable items to boost your build “temporarily” until you eventually can kit out your character to follow a build/Maya’s “exactly”
Bysmiel jewellery is actually one of the harder pet builds to get because it has 0 crafts thus relies even more on RNG. Beastcaller is not a bad place to start since you can craft the entire set with Forgotten Gods expansion (once you have either the head recipe or duplicate items, and you can trade for helmet crafts if you have the materials)
remember, the builds are usually “endgame builds”, meaning they rely on or expect you to have certain or a number of items, and in the meantime you have to make do with “any other” means you can,
-and doing SR 45 on normal is almost basically just wasting your time and you’re better served farming heroes on ultimate if you can’t do Monster Totems

2 Likes

Here’s my build so far. I realize I’m missing resistances and my augments/components aren’t great. I’ve been working on farming those dang manticore eyes so I can get the 3rd pieces of the Beastcaller set. Aside from that, any low hanging fruit anyone can think of to give me a little bit of a boost?

I can handle most bosses and MI totems in Ultimate. Nemesis are posing a problem, but my gear clearly shows why.

Should I switch to a more ‘craftable’ pet-build? And, also, I was straight occultist until 94 and felt stronger than when I respec’d into Shaman.

nr 1 priority for you should be reputation to Revered with all factions (remember to buy and apply Writ at Honored) - this will help you so sooo much, not just from the recipes you gain, but the armor Augments will change your life with how easy it becomes to balance resists

then you want AoM component recipes, tho these are ofc a little “hard” to get since they rely on RNG, doing some Totems and troves in example Ugdenbog while farming blooms (you will need a lot of blooms) can potentially help you a little on the way with some RNGesus blessing

for easy targetfarmable MI’s you have stuff like Zaria amulet, Hanlion medal, Kravall shoulders and bloodsworn rings and offhand.

also for some reason you have a crap ton of unspent Attribute points? - dump everything in Physique that you don’t need in spirit for weapon/offhand requirement

really really sort your components, stuff like emerals aren’t helping you out, you want 2 things, either resists for yourself, or if you have the spare stats/slot bonuses for your pets. And make sure to actually utilize crafted components too, not just drop ones (specially once you get repuataion recipes or drop recipes for components)
here’s a list of beginner component stuff Component Setups before Endgame
really pay attention to your “component status” ie when you get access to new or high lvl components to utilize, same with Augments, really get that rep up and pay attention to the different intervals (Honored+Revered) buying and using recipes and Augments when you can

always keep your stats balance in mind, so that yourself have resists capped, and your pets defenses aren’t rock bottom so they get 1shot/killed quicker than resummon CD.
-and remember there is nothing wrong with farming Elite if certain areas in Ultimate are too tough for your. But i reckon just by getting rep up and getting your stats/resists and augments sorted things will feel a lot easier on Ultimate

1 Like

OK, I see where you’re going with this. Unfortunately, I’m lvl 100 so farming elite isn’t possible, right? I need to finish the original game to open up AoM, but I’m at Blood Grove so not too far from striking distance of doing that. Thanks for the help.

I need 8 more manticore eyes…I just can’t bring myself to grind them atm, so I’ll work storyline. Ugh.

you can totally farm Elite as lvl 100, it just means you “might” not get max level items, - but if you aren’t strong enough to farm the same places on Ultimate it’s your “only” option

as far as manticore eye farming, remember monsters don’t drop purple crafting materials if you are more than 10 lvls above them, tho that shouldn’t be an issue on Ultimate pine barrens/savage totems ofc

Is there another “self-found” build that’s better than pets for initial farming? Obviously, I could augment it with what I’ve accumulated so far to make the process a little smoother, but just wondering what’s out there. I know the compendium has a bunch of beginner builds, but I’m not sure if any are worth investing time into for the purpose of building a farming toon.

Thanks!

You are fine with playing pets, if you like the playstyle just keep going. Btw Maya has a budget conjurer build in her guide, you should aim for that one first. Also there are a lot of new MIs that @Gnomish_Inquisition pointed out, like Bloodsworn rings, offhand, zaria amulet and halion medal that will boost your pets dps a lot https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYq6drN

I might, possibly, maybe, do a SSF diary of her build but more modern version

1 Like