Noob question alert: How does one download a mod and play it on GD

Also…is it possible to GDstash?

And which mods would you recommend?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Download the mod, extract the files to Steam\steam apps\common\Grim Dawn\mods. Go into the game and where it says Main Campaign choose Custom Game and the choose the mod you want to play. Click accept and done. You’ll need to start a new character since vanilla characters can’t be played in mods.

And yes, GDStash will work with it. You need to change the configuration in there to add the mod, import the database again and make sure that the various tabs in GDStash also have the mod name so they access the mod properly.

1 Like

Thanks for that medea. I just edited the OP so you might’ve missed it - but are there any mods you’d recommend?

Well, I play Grimarillion because of my love for TQIT. That mod is a compilation of several so it has the TQIT masteries, D3 and also some from a mod called Zenith which is part of that compilation. Plenty of class choices and it’s fun to mix and match. Asylum101 has modified the TQIT masteries to better fit the GD theme.

If you like D2 then there’s Reign of Terror and there’s also a Warhammer one that’s just been finished.

I’ve played neither TQ, nor WH.

Hmm…I’ll have a looksee around the modding the threads, maybe something’ll tickly my interest. Thanks again grandma_fleecestealer <3