Not a rewarding Experience (biased opinion)

The thing that bugs me the most when farming in vanilla is the Nemesis trove loot quality. For God’s sake please buff that thing, I don’t spend 7 minutes to kill Kubacabra for a bunch of epics. And Fabius, oh god what have they done to you, your loot is probably shittier that Cronley himself :furious:.
Not to mention the extremely hard to find ones like Valdaran and Benjen, their loot seem to be only slightly better than the like of Fabius and Iron Maiden. What’s the point of nemeses when hunting them is neither fun (who wants to search the whole game map for Valdaran?) nor rewarding?

I really don´t know why everybody has a problem with Fabius. I get/got so much Legendaries and Blueprints from him and he is so easy to farm.

Perhaps giving the soul of my son to the RNG-God has helped a little…:rolleyes:

I think nemesis drop got nerfed because everyone meta gamed the hell out of them and turned the game into “Finding nemesis the game”

I do agree their loot is been over nerfed, for how hard they are to find and to fight. :rolleyes:

Yeh we had a joke back in the day calling GD Fabius Farming Simulator 2016, we joked too hard it seems.

As someone who had to spend 10 minutes killing Grava and Alexander I can understand. Getting a single epic and a recipe is kinda poor.

Just farmed Grava and got all greens :rolleyes:

even if you get what you want, another rng part will be played which is stat rolls. They can vary between -%15 & +%15 min, max respectively. Disappointment of %2, 65 oa girdle of stolen dreams and happiness of %4, 105 oa …

Killed Kupa, got 2 Epics and 1 Blueprint…and a pair of crap trousers.

either you’re still considerin AoM vanilla, or you’re gettin something wrong here man.

Yes I consider AoM vanilla, is that wrong? What should we call the “vanilla” + then?

I think the drop method could be improved, but not by much.
If area’s had more ‘flavored’ drops so as chaos and vitality %lean when farming bastion of chaos, piercing and phys chronleys hideout; it would create the ability to have a little more say in the RNG while preserving the overall balance of the mechanic because after all if your grinding for +retaliate your just going to keep grinding.
Having it show up more often because your grinding efficiently in a focused manner only subtracts time from the non-action less fun component of this ARPG and allowing players more control is not necessarily a bad thing; especially with keeping engagement fun or not.

Is one thing to get purple but another to get a purple thats remotely works for you.

After having nearly the entire Valdun set drop on my necro summoner with no Lost soul set in sight, im not sure if i want to laugh or cry :rolleyes:

I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal.

But I think what they’re referring to is that in most games, “Vanilla” covers the original base game. Sometimes DLc" are included, but most expansions fit outside that. AoM Is the first “full” expansion, thus outside of the vanilla scheme.

But I’ts a generic reference term, don’t matter too much.

The problem with this in fact IS the sets, I do like set items and all, however they are close to impossible to collect when doing only selfound (craftable helms do help out alot)!

As much as I can agree that it is frustrating to find useless items to your charecter - for me it is also what makes GD fun, the huge number of class combination, the HOARDES of items you can find and use.
That feeling when a good items drops and you think - WOW just what I was looking for on my pyromancer!
Or - WOW nice stats I can do amazing builds with this!

Its what I play for - if drops where allocated to your class/skills I might aswell have played that piece of shite they call D3.

the problem being most set items have their goodie bonus until 4 set + especially stuff like lost souls, death mark etc. You cant wear part of a set very often because it is usually very bad on their own. So you end up having set items in your stash for weeks and months even though you farmed them, and waiting for that one piece to drop out of 300+ legendaries.

One possible solution to this is to make more individual powerful legendaries than set items. Currently set items feels too end game, most of it is best in slot too. Greens are nearly worthless unless you have ungodly rolls.

I would love more choice as always, so i feel like im still progressing despite not having the legendary sets.

I see what you coming from, but set items on their own often offer very bad bonuses, forcing you to stash them and keep looking for them, yet their bonuses are so good they are often best in slot for many builds. Farming set items drive me crazy because i keep seeing purple drop but they have no value to me unless is a set item. After getting my second shroud of illusion im start having my eyes rolling when i see another one drop, it is completely and utterly useless to me, same with the triple storm-treads i got.

One way to fix this is to provide a wide and bigger range of suffix/prefix for greens, allow us to hunt for more than legendaries or set pieces, a powerful and very good roll on a green in my opinion should surpass that of legendaries, and give us a good sense of progression/reward anyway.

Greens are already good on occasion, but i feel their range of suffix/prefix can be pushed even further so we will keep trying to find better rolls even if we got set items or the gear we want. Additionally, a good rolled green would be an excellent gap until we farm our set item, and another goal to strive for even after we complete our set items.

In fact about the greens, its just what crate did this expansion! I noticed they added certain bonuses to specific skills on green items (etc bloodsworn repeaters for -1 sec doombolt cd). I also think they want to avoid greens being better than legendaries all together, its a fine balance believe me - I recall a certain point in the beta testing (I bellieve B28-B31) patches, so also before legendaries. You would have ludacris amounts of offensive ability or life regen on green items to a point where it wasn’t even fun anymore. And with the amount of affixes you see currently, to get the greens you want is as hard or even harder to get than the purples!

Seeing them making specific MI’s to bosses/monsters and giving them specific stats like the reaper pants or bloodsworn repeaters is just great while maintaining about the same power on affixes as legendaries.

i had a brief look on the prefix/suffix data, and it still looks very subpar compared to legendaries or epics, it would be amazing for crate to add another modifier, but a very rare chance to roll, to make greens truelly viable.

Monster infrequents are BIS for many builds. Is there a legendary off-hand that gives me 450%+ electrocute damage with +3 to my best damage skills and a whole bunch of other bonuses? Highly highly unlikely.

i would love to have a travelling merchant in game who could exchange a found set piece for a corresponding piece of another set of your choice at a similar level.