Now this is a TANK (Tactician)

So I’m no expert but I stumbled into a build that finally let me take down the Crucible without much sweat at all. I admit, I am the neophyte showing off his magic beans but it was such a relief to finally ascend the mountain and make it to the top. I used mouse macros to finesse some of the skill deployment and create some good combos so if that isn’t your jams this build might be weaker.

Here we go folks:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOlzr42

Kalastor-Hagarrad-Inquisitor Seal are chained together and toggled to repeat every 5 seconds.

Overguard is toggled to repeat every 13 seconds

Forcewave-Blitz-Dreeg’s Infinte Gaze-Word of Renewal is chained in that order and deployed at will.

Right mouse is Shield Slam and Left mouse is Blade Arc

Constellations:

Tsuanmi (Bound to Blitz), Tortiose(Bound to Menhirs Will), Anvil (Bound to Deadly Aim), Bat (Bound to Blade Arc), Dryad (Bound to Force Wave), Scales of Ucama (Bound to Field Command), Harvestmen’s Scythe, Shieldmaiden.

How it plays:

Two things going on - the Forwave chain is used to rush up on crowds and bosses and knock em down. Tsunami triggers off of Blitz and helps with Forcewave in dealing out damage in the path of the the Blitz. Usually RMB with Shield Slam to finish the combo especially on bosses.

The rune chain (as I call it) processes every 5 seconds which allows me to throw down a bunch of damage dealing areas to dash in and out of. When face to face with a mini boss it does enough to push the damage over the edge. It’s good for whittling down packs of baddies while you move around and choose your moment to use the Forcewave combo on the whales of the game.

The Spitewraith Girdle is essential equipment as the 100% chance to freeze foes synergizes immensely with the Forcewave chain. You dash in, get hit, freeze fools and get a few more attacks in before they recover. Even better is the possibility of knockdown which delays mooks from overrunning you.

Some strengths are the 100% armor absorption and the high block chance with the shield. The health regen is ridiculous and a health potion can almost always keep you within 95% of max health.

The biggest weakness is that the damage output of Blade Arc is laughably low. It’s the main attack but you will stand there for 30+ seconds barely dipping below 80% health ever while you slowly whittle down bosses.

Also you basically have to suck down a mana potion every 60-90 seconds. So buy accordingly.

How does this compare to other tactician builds? I haven’t really read the forums and taken stock of alternative builds but I was pleased as punch that this worked out for me to unlock the next difficulty level and get me over the 100 Wave hump. I’ve only done one run on the higher difficulty and cashed out at 20 waves but I have high hopes for the future.

Any suggestions on skills and constellations to round out the build? I’m at Level 51 right now and prefer to finish the constellations before i do some skilling in earnest.

Okay, just beat 100 Waves on Challenger with this build and only 1 skill level difference. Legit TANK

have you got any legendaries from clearing 100 on challenger ?

I didn’t unfortunately. I figure if I do another run tonight maybe the RNG will be kind to me. I might even go nuts at push to 150 Waves.

Skill-combos bind into a single button?
How?

Follow this Tactician

www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67202

Holy smokes!

I love this thread. Guy is pumped to play his own build he came up with rocking all blues and not one of those top tier builds with a bunch of MIs from the forums, your sense of excitement and accomplishment put a smile on my face and makes me want to leave work and go play some grim dawn. :smiley:

Do check out fluff’s build that was posted too though, you can learn a lot from him to put towards your own builds, I know I have.

I have a logitech mouse that I can program to fire off key inputs from one push of a button. It’s apparently designed for MMOs but works for ARPGs and Dotas.

What I did was program the rune chain macro to work like this: I press 1 on my mouse. It triggers 1 then 2 then 5 as input to the game. 1, 2 and 5 are each bound to different rune and seal skills. I also have the ability to set the chain to ‘Toggle’ which means I simply define the time to repeat the input chain and turn it on or off by pressing 1.

Same deal with the Forcewave Blitz chain macro but without toggle enabled.

Like I said, if you don’t have a mouse that can do this it might make the build harder to play or at least more mentally and dexterity taxing.

Thanks! I really enjoy playing in the dark for a bit then socializing afterwards and comparing notes. I have a few really wacky ideas in store that I’ll try and flesh out with some other classes - there is so much room in this game to be wild with concepts.

i had fun with the vital thunder bleed Warder, until someone suggested me forcewave as a “better option” … it does work indeed but its so bleak an i feel that bleeding vithuntder was more sustainable… :eek: stick with your ideas dont let others interfere :smiley:

How do you toggle skill togheter and how do you toggle them to repeat?

I don’t know why people bother with crucible before endgame. It’s not like you can farm any meaningful gear. Everyone plays the way they want, I get it, but come on… Everything you drop will be obsolete once you reach higher levels.

Usually I play through most of Lower Crossing till level 2 or so before going into Crucible to get exp, items/materials and more importantly Devotion points.

Playing a level 51 tank with macros. lol

“I just cleared crucible”

hehe

:wink:

This is like the dude with the macro spellbinder that killed Ravager with Sacred strike

If you only play the crucible, you will never get augments

Yeah that will save you one hour or two from reaching to level 100 in total :rolleyes:

Yeah, that’s one way to do it. Like I said everyone plays the way they want. But… you still need to get to The Other You on Ultimate if you wanna fully level a char and there’s no way not to get exp and devotion points to the max by then. I just don’t get it…

This thread was necrod from a quite a while ago! Crucible doesn’t make much sense at low level to me either. The game gets more difficult the higher level you become and I find farming is only needed for end game gear and content.

I only did crucible out of curiosity to test the difficulty at low level and speedrun potential. Starting with lvl 1 character I cleared aspirant 170 in 2.5 hours finishing around lvl 38, standard vit ravenous earth caster that speed runner use.

wow, i’m so gonna try this next. wld be awesome to not have to keep running…

why try this? it is a level 50 ish build