Old sets need more love

Hello, everyone
There some old sets that are forgotten by all players.

Valdun
Set needs some rework. There is very strange soldier support. As we know Cadence doesn’t work good with WPS that Valdun and Inq provides.
Better make it like Oathkeeper-Demo-Inq set
Add 100% chaos and fire to pierce for Demo’s Firestrike
Add Righteous Fervor support

Uroboruuk
The set is almost fine and needs just full vitality to aether conversion for DE and more damage

Trozan
I have made a thread already. Trozan’s set needs buff as well as the skill. Now it merely can do 8 minutes in Cruci. And even that is thanks to Cataclysm support
This isn’t the result that full offensive Druid in Druid’s set should have

Mageslayer
There is already the thread

Deathguard
Have you seen successful Deathguard build for the last year? Lack of RR, lack of damage, lack of res. I almost can hear how Deathgurad screams “Please, buff me!”

1 Like

Desecrator Covenant,

Such an oddball. 50% phys to chaos for pets is neat, but it’s suited for a hybrid build style that the game itself at that gear tier isn’t suited for. :defiler:

Mogdrogen’s Peace.

Feels outclassed by non-set faction gear. 2h weapon for pet builds is a large sacrifice. Lacks a decent niche too.

Valdun just doesn’t have enough skill points to make a decent build with it. It also doesn’t let us fully convert physical into pierce. Soldier’s support on it is just not needed, Soldiers have a lot of god-tier gear. I agree, make it a demo/inquisitor/Oathkeeper set.

Trozan set is still weak. Even if I am casting TSS with 1,3 cdr it still feels a bit underwhelming. I would love to see 4-5% physical resist added somewhere as well as some boosts to the main skill (adcth mod would be cute).

You mean Demo/Inquisitor/Nightblade, right? Saboteurs didn’t have all that many god-tier sets, and Oathkeepers are not quite pierce based (if you look at their RR).

Or Nighblades. As long Demo is the core supported mastery there.

I just want them to merge Iskandra set into Trozan’s and just do something to Iskandra’s like a pure Devastation set with TSS support on the side, or give it a channeled meteor ability.

A note: while your Cataclysm/Skybreach build is ingenious and I do like it, a straightforward Lightning Skybreach setup is more effective in Crucible, clearing it in 6:40 minutes with 3-4b+vb. I’d argue the set’s main fault lies in the outdated defensive profile rather than its offensive capabilities. (Not incidentally, losing the greens in the linked build will affect clearing rates more than times.)

Here I’d argue that ADCtH is a better fit for single-skill, single-mastery Iskandra (and the one mastery is Arcanist, which offers no healing at all). I’ve tested the concept, and it’s very nice.

Yeah a lot of things need more love in short

It whispers to me

show mercy and finish me

Deathguard is really bad set.Bone Harvest for DW melee,why would you choose that over Venomblade?

As for Trozan I will be happy to see healing skill activated,when you hit enemies with TSS,something similar to N&O proc.

Uro,yup conversion seems like good idea.

Vanquisher set also needs some improvement. its for templar but its really not that great, doesnt give enough of the right resists, not enough aether to fire conversion, not enough armor and phys resist and not enough DA or OA to make for an effective templar.

In my opinion Valdun set is fine at its main concept (range physical), it lacks further bonuses to skills like other mythical sets but Crate has already added RR on Valdun Clip so i guess they will not add anything else and i sincerely hope they are not going to change it into anything else.
Deathguard set looks very weak now and some improvements would be appreciate as the whole Necro/Nightblade combo looks exciting.

I guess cool story since all those sets were touched in some way, either directly or indirectly, for the upcoming patch.

2 Likes

:partying_face: