Optimizing Winter King Cold Pets

20k without temp buffs and 40k with all temp buffs up.

You know that is basically 0dps? You could just drop it and stay away from danger and let pets fight alone.

1 Like

The build doesn’t work like that. You need to stay near enemies to apply Veil of Shadow. Might as well contribute your own dps. Even if it isn’t stellar, it’s not 0. The whole point is to play differently from a normal Pet build. If i wanted to play the normal way, i would be playing a super safe guaranteed double pet mastery build (probably one of Maya’s builds). I find this to be more exciting and fun.

Yeah I am not talking about hiding in a corner, but not in the face of mobs. But sure I get it that it get more exciting this way

1 Like

Yeah, i understand that this unconventional and not the correct way of playing a Pet build. If i fail to complete any of the end game content, so be it. As long as it’s fun, that’s all that matters to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

You have already done some endgame content, judging by the video you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Final update. Campaign is done. Korvaak and Morgoneth were defeated and the video is down below.

I made one (hopefully final) major change to the build. I used 2 skill points from quests (Allostria and Dravis) and unlocked Wind Devil for the 15% Elemental RR in Raging Tempest and as a much more reliable way of applying Rumor to enemies. One of these points was initially added to Blade Barrier as a panic button but i wasn’t using it so it made more sense to move it elsewhere.

I had energy issues while fighting against Morgoneth and i might need to use an Ectoplasm in one of the rings to mitigate it. That’s really the only thing that could still change but the build is more or less finished. The remaining skill points will be used to improve some of the skills that i already have. Nothing more, nothing less. I’ll attempt some other celestial bosses and hunt the nemesis that i haven’t fought yet. Next time, i’ll finally create a dedicated post to archive the build in the forum. Edit: forgot Grim Tools again…

1 Like

I guess you can also remove one point from mogdrogens pact, and two from heart of the wild to further increase RR on wind devil. Also 2 points from night chill to raging tempest for more RR/point. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26remA2

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. It does seem way better. I’ll make the changes later.

1 Like

I did note that you did not have Winter king aura on the videos, but I saw your thread about that.

Also, you do not need elemental storm if you have Bysmiels command (flat RR do not stack) - though crown give some nice bouses to pets

Edit: how about these devotions? Basically swap falcon for tsunami https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2ggqmO2

1 Like

I know about the flat RR not stacking but the RR in elemental storm has a greater value (it takes priority in that case, as far as i know) and is elemental only. The flat RR from eldritch hound is for bleed, mainly. It also helps a tiny bit with physical damage, i suppose.

The actual final update (phew…). Following the suggestion from @Ulvar1, i took a few points from Mogdrogen’s Pact, Night’s Chill and Heart of the Wild (and the 3 points i was missing from the Shattered Realm) and softcapped Raging Tempest. It’s more Elemental RR, overall.

Like a complete madman, i went to SR 65 on Ultimate before completing the quests for the remaining skill and attribute points. I don’t think it would make a big difference, in the end. I grinded to SR 65 on Normal difficulty to obtain the waystone first. It was a very slow and tedious process. Glad i’m done with that.

I did beat SR 65 on Ultimate (and recorded) but it didn’t feel good. Actually, i’ll be real with you all: it was a complete shitshow! I almost died in the second chunk and barely beat the bosses within the timer. It’s doable but not a very pleasant experience.

I also tried Mogdrogen and Ravager. I got them to half health but things get too rough in the second phase. Build is not suitable for this kind of challenge. So, i only managed to beat Lokarr and SR 65. I think this is okay for something unusual like this. I will try Crucible in the future but i’m pretty much done with this character. It took quite a lot of time to finish but it was fun. I’ll open a new post soon after uploading the SR video. A big thanks to everyone that commented and helped. Edit: Grim Tools

2 Likes