PayPal - Not our pals =/

^ yeah I saw that too…sad to have your funds locked up like that especially when the studio is so small and they need every dollar they can get.

sad day for them, looks like they were getting a lot of pre orders and no other ways of payment, game looks interesting, one I may keep an eye on

but yeah, looks like paypal has struck again

Squad (makes of Kerbal space program) is also using Paypal for pre orders, wondering if they might be next, or someone else, clearly payapl are freezing a lot of accounts recently

Too bad. Just wanted to buy the legendary edition until I found out that paypal is not supported. :frowning:

Same here. I have no way to pay anything that way. And I don’t trust vcards.

Just get a vanilla mastercard.

http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/

I’m in ur Xmas taking ur money!

And I was like… Whaaaaaat?

There’s an update at the bottom that they’ve solved it.

By “solved” I think you mean that PayPal reversed their decision under pressure because of all the bad media attention they were getting from it. :wink:

Exactly and you should do the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise we won’t be able to buy our four copies. :frowning:

Edit: And it’s always easy seeing it from your side. YOU know that you’re not a fraud. I don’t want to know how many frauds they have to fight though.

It’s about time that Paypal is taken to task for denying to process transactions for non-releases projects.

It should be MY choice whether or not to give money on a project I deem worthy, and not up to PayPal to interfere and judge whether or not my money should be available to the developers after I’ve spent it.

Another game currently in development (Xenonauts) was unable to get PayPal to loosen their restrictions, so they had to switch to using Desura. This means they see less of every dollar that pre-orders generate. Game development still continues apace.

You know why paypal exists? Paypal serves as a mediator between seller and buyer. It’s there as a protection for the buyers and sellers. If there’s a problem Paypal can handle that problem better than both parties.

It exists to counteract scams. It’s not whether they deam Grim Dawn a worthy game or not. So far when you pre-order Grim Dawn you get nothing but a promise to get the game IF it gets finished.

Natural Selection 2 had no problems so far, so maybe when Grim Dawn enters the beta stage this won’t be a problem anymore.

Hey… seems paypal is really not that much of a “pal”.

Are you people able to do maybe a direction transaction per bank? Just a idea because I really would like to try your game.

I am really silly sent a mail some hours ago asking if we could find a way for me to buy legendary fan edition of Grim Dawn without using a credit card,and I had read this post when it was made on top of it,guess I am really that eager to finally give my mo to Crate,will have to study the prepaid cred card market to find the best solution or just continue to wait for you guys to find another way for us to pay, I really want to be part of Alpha and buy the Legendary Edition :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited : I know Paypal is not our pal, but you could use their outdated system of toping up an account there by bank transfer so just a system in ones Crates account that gives the communication to indicates in bank transfer that would show you which Crate account is doing the transaction, sure that method takes 2-5 days to complete depending on banks speed and if you fall on weekend or closed days but should be cheap to implement , hmmm and Dl gamer uses a system like that too to order
games

Edited:looks like the best and fastest way to be able to preorder Grim Dawn for me will be next month when the belgian post office launches it’s own prepaid Mastercard ,so since there is no rush
I will gladly preorder two legendary copies at that time (one for me and my best friend ) :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everybody,

Just read that the next Tim Schafer’s game have raised above 1.2 M$ in one day on Kickstarter website. So I’m wondering why this way of financial support has not been set up by Crate. Is it a question of independance or so ?

Good luck for the future anyway ! :slight_smile:
I’ll soon buy my Legendary Fan Edition, yeah it’ll rock !

Eheh sorry I just saw this afterwards :
(Kickstarter or other funding) Topic on General Discussion section

you missed this thread in general discussion, there is a lot there including some posts from med on why they not done it yet

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2982

You missed his edit :slight_smile:

I guess so whoops

Get your paypal debit card and use that for your transactions where paypal isn’t directly involved in collecting funds. That way you are still using your paypal account to pay for your purchase but you are then the responsible party for making the purchase.

I use my paypal debit card for all purchases on the web that I deem either too risky to use a real credit card or a bank debit card or to those companies that can’t use paypal to accept their purchases.

Amazon payments seems to be a great option. I would rather use that option than any other.