For those of us who like Pets (especially niche builds), i decided to list the changes in the Public Test Changelog so that we can discuss them more easily. Share your thoughts!
- Faction - Bysmiel’s Grasp: added 16% Cast Speed
- Relic - Bysmiel’s Domination: added 5% Physical Resist and 40 Defensive Ability, removed % All damage and % Chaos damage and removed Chaos damage for the player from the skill proc
- Ascendant Cowl: increased bonus to Summon Briarthorn to +3
- Bloodsworn Codex: reduced % Damage Modified modifier for Summon Briarthorn to 30%
- Chosen Visage: increased bonus to Summon Hellhound to +3. Increased Fire damage modifiers for Flame Touched and Summon Hellhound to 33 and 50, respectively.
- Korvaak’s Burning Blade: removed % Attack Speed for pets. Increased % Attack Speed modifier for Flame Touched to 12% and its Vitality dealt as Fire modifier to 100%. Added 36 Burn damage / 3s modifier for Flame Touched.
- Salazar’s Sovereign Blade: reduced effectiveness of granted pet’s Resist Reduction debuff and its Nova ability
- Zaria’s Pendant: reduced % Damage Modified modifier for Summon Briarthorn to 25%
- Corruptor of Souls Set: increased Vitality damage for pets on the skill proc
- Mythical Corruptor’s Mantle: added 25% stun resist for pets
- Mythical Corruptor’s Mask: added 18% Chaos Resist and increased Vitality damage for pets to 12
- Mythical Corruptor’s Robe: added 480 Health
- Desecrator Covenant Set: added 8% Attack Speed for pets bonus and increased % Physical dealt as Chaos for pets to 100% on the granted skill
- Mythical Unholy Mantle of the Covenant: added 18% Elemental Resist and increased Defensive Ability to 55
- Mythical Unholy Sigil of the Covenant: added 18% Pierce Resist and 280 Health
- Mythical Unholy Visage of the Covenant: added 5% Defensive Ability for pets
- Mythical Bloodied Dagger of the Covenant: increased Chaos damage for pets to 12
- Mogdrogen’s Peace Set: replaced Bleed damage for pets with Physical damage for pets
- Mythical Blessed Cleaver of Mogdrogen: increased Physical damage for pets to 24
Legendary Non-Set Items
- Mythical Dracarris: added 4% Physical Resist modifier for Flame Touched
- Mythical Gaze of Khonsar: reduced Fire damage for pets to 8 and reduced Fire damage for pets on the skill proc
- Mythical Will of Bysmiel: replaced bonus to Manipulation with +1 to Occultist Skills
- Will of Bysmiel: replaced bonus to Manipulation with +1 to Occultist Skills
No changes in Legendary Pet sets, devotions or skills.
A few of my builds will be impacted by these changes. Specifically, any of my Shaman builds due to the nerfs to Zaria’s Pendant and Bloodsworn Codex which amounts to a 10% damage loss for Briarthorn. It’s not an insignificant number but it could have been worse, i suppose. The modifiers are still powerful and relevant so i don’t see any need for replacements. Interestingly, only Briarthorn got targeted in the Amulet. Hellhound keeps its 30% modifier. The key difference is the +1 to Shaman skills which makes the item a lot more relevant to that mastery. The +2 to Ember Claw is completely negligible, especially because people don’t really invest points into it most of the time.
One of my builds that is going to be affected the most (if the changes go through) is this one. The Chosen Visage is getting a massive buff which adds a lot of extra flat fire damage. The Dracarris got a very minor buff that doesn’t really help with its main problem which is the fact that the proc can’t be used against single targets or groups of high health enemies. The component skill is also losing its crit damage modifier which will weaken my ability to fight against stronger opponents. And the Gaze of Khonsar is also getting nerfed which is an item that i would use in this build for sure if i had it.
I appreciate the added cast speed to Bysmiel’s Grasp which was a suggestion i made. It will be very helpful in my Cold Pets Druid even though it’s also being affected by the nerfs to the pendant and codex. The changes to the Bysmiel’s Domination relic are also very good as the damage values were negligible even for a hybrid build. The extra DA and phys res will be very helpful and it will make this relic a more interesting option.
I don’t have much to say about the other changes as i haven’t really experimented much with any of these sets or items but i’ll say that the Korvaak’s Burning Blade is a very interesting conversion option that could be utilized for non-pet builds.