Pet Levelling Discussion

If pets builds have to be optimized to have nice damage after starting Veteran as it’s the case with other skills then it’s a good change. It means Veteran has actually some meaning.

I have several level 100 pet based characters, and never did I have a problem with leveling them. Apart from a few hard bosses, they always did enough damage that I did not need to have any damage dealing spell or attack on my own. What character are you playing? Cabalist/Shaman?
You mentioned the Raven, you gotta understand that is a support pet, it cannot tank on its own. Much like how Skeletons are not tough enough on their own, you need a tanky pet like the Blight Beast or the Briarthorn to aggro enemies while they do damage.

I never once used regular “Normal”, always had Veteran ticked. So I don’t even know what that is like… well, I lie, I once started a game and forgot to tick it, and noticed how everything dies in one hit, LOL!

Y’know telling this is kinda useless without us seeing your stats? Can you load your game file in Grimcalc and send us a link to your build to see where you went wrong?
At any rate, the pet boosting auras are not 1 point skills, if you do a pet build, max them out. Not right away mind you, but your first business is to put as many points as you can into your pet skill and the pet support aura skills.

Here you go, my probably oldest character so far, a Beastcaller set Conjurer.

Now geared towards pets with bleeding damage, but early on what I put most points into was HellHound, Briarthorn, and Mogdrogen’s Pact. If you are a pure pet damage dealer, you do not need more than 1 point in Grasping Vines and Dreeg’s Evil Eye, only used to trigger celestial skills from devotions.
Also, get an item or Relic that gives you an extra pet, even a temporary one. Hysteria is a good one. If you have done and beaten Salazar in the Depraved Sanctuary, you have a good chance of getting his sword which gives you a temporary pet, too.
In devotions, go for the Raven, then Jackal, then Bysmiel’s Bonds - it gives you another free temporary pet. Then Shepherd’s Crook for a good pet damage boost skill.
Curse of Frailty is the only thing you should be doing, applying it on enemies and then directing your pets with pet attack to kill specific enemies. Be careful not to over-do the curse, or the enemies will aggro and rush for you. Early on, you should also set your pets to Normal, otherwise they might attract too many enemies at once. Use the pet attack to kite enemies away from bosses and larger groups instead of just rushing in with the pets.

not realy on topic but: I love it so much that you talk like a real person about the nitty-gritty details.The level of interaction with people who play your game and give a lot to the community (thinking about the build guys mostly) is a real fresh air of wind.

1 Like