Petition to tone down mutators

No.

/thread

4 Likes

Agreed, it’s a good trade-off. Some builds are even glad to trade armour for CDR. Same with -8% speed, +20% crit damage - some builds are even glad to crade speed for nice crit damage boost.

Endgame should be balanced with top-tier builds in mind. If “mid-tier” builds are underperforming, then those just need a buff.

I’m talking about the entirety of SR and Crucible, not only selected levels.

Some examples: the two FoI builds I posted recently are dismantled by VOIDMARKED (-20% cast speed) in Crucible and God forbid it comes with TAINTED (extra -8%). Things like ABB Mageslayer spellbreakers or other non-top-tier melee in caster armor are done for the day when they see EXPOSED. Many chaos builds struggling for rr might wanna alt+f4 when they see CORRUPTED. And when those things often couple with SHATTERED or WEAKENED…

Surprised no one has responded to Zantai’s reply. :scorv:

Hi Mr Z.
What about making SR mutators changeble every new shard, like it made in crucible?
It will bring much more fun.

1 Like

Imo the issue is very similar to the one with bosses. Similarly to how none of the single enemies is the issue (except the Grava perhaps) none of the mutators is the issue (except the Cruel perhaps). The issues are the combos. Some bosses+arena combos can be harder on 50s shard than some of the combos for 80+. Some mutator combos can allow one build to breeze through SR up until 75 while the others will hard stop the build at 50s shard. I’m struggling to understand how can anyone see this as good design.

Echoing the thread about the endgame, people arent asking for it to be easier. People want to have fun, that’s it. You can scale the difficulty more agressively, you can make SR75 to be almost impossible to complete. But you have to reduce the RNG factor. Playing against RNG is completely unfun. This game’s endgame content challenges theorycrafting skills just as much as piloting skills. Theorycrafters don’t like for their craft to depend on RNG. This is not blackjack or roulette. The strength of this game is diversity in building. You have to play to the strengths of your game and allow different builds to have fun in endgame.

2 Likes

Again:
Which endgame build struggles repeatedly because of mutators till SR 60?

After that…good luck. Working as intended.

@John_Smith:
Yep, that would be a nice addition. :slight_smile:

Agreed on that. Some boss combos stack RR to something like -70. As for mutators - well, sure bad combo makes it harder, but i know several builds, who fear only “Cruel”. And as far as i know, all builds, that dont reach ridiculous 3.5k+ DA fear “Cruel”.

The only mutator that i really dislike is ‘‘weakened’’

The values are too high and it particularly messes up builds that rely on shotgun damage.

I wish mutators had an active effect, instead of being a tweek to stats.

Such as:

• Meteor: a metoer falls in player’s vicinity every 20 seconds
  • Frost Nova: Enemies explode in a frost novo on death after 2 seconds. Can be replaced with other elements.

Sadly is it is too late at this point, and the technology might not be there.

Which forum user tries to prove a point by asking the same rhetorical question twice even though detailed answers to the contrary have already been given? :wink:

SR already has the ‘different gameplay experience’ of all kinds of different trash mob and boss combos and different types of shard like the triple Log monster room, switches room, treasure chest room, gazer eye level, minefield level, damaging terrain shards etc.

The only way the mutators change the gameplay experience is by randomly spinning the dials on the difficulty, like SR needs more of that.

Not surprised and not disappointed. :grinning:
Let this parody sing for you.
Meghan Trainor - “NO” PARODY

If it´s a rhetorical question…well, then Zantai´s answer is the only viable. :wink:

This is a great point and I and some other community veterans voiced similiar opinion many times.

Zantai, we don’t want endgame content to be easy we want it to be fun. Fighting against randomness and unfair mechanics is no fun, it’s frustrating. I understand monsters difficulty scaling, I can even understand stacking debuffs and stuff like that. But when I have to “fish” for good mutators by repeatedly closing and opening SR portals - it takes the fun away.

What if we just deleted good mutator combos the same way certain Nemesis combos were removed, thus meaning you never need to bother with fishing ever again? :smiley:

On a serious note, I like John Smith’s suggestion of making mutator combos reroll more often. Right now things feel too perpetually stagnant.

Yeah, probably won’t bother playing again then. As I said, I only play SR to record videos of my builds’ performance, it’s an absolutely unfun part of the game for me.

The whole game is becoming less fun with each portion of nerfs

6 Likes

I feel like people are over reacting here. Crazy mutators are always a thing and you should always be aware and deal with them since crucible came out. Back in the days people spam potions and aether clusters to survive these sort of things. Now builds can run endgame content naked, it is just a powercreep imo.

SR 65-66 is the new farming spot and i’d say the new bench mark for endgame builds. 75 was never ment to be attempted without specific build or prep.

If builds cant handle SR 60 then thats a build/balancing issue.

Why?

If we are going by the SR 60 is where the last piece of the SR set becomes available, then shouldn’t SR 60-61 be the new farming spot?

If not, then what is wrong with it being 75-76?