Petwalker - Walking Simulator Budget Pet Conjurer

Foreword:

A Chaos Pet Conjurer and has no active skills outside of Blood of Dreeg.

It is based around the Desecrator Covenant (Mythical Unholy Covenant) set which is Craftable. (Helmet blueprint is sold by Benevald). So… you will have to do a bit of Crafting and Transmuting… But unlike say, Bysmiel’s Trinkets, this is not some RNG drop that you might take ages to find. So, it is still “budget” in that sense.

And the set is mostly favoured on Cabalists instead due to all that Flat damage working beautifully on Skeletons. But, you can’t do a lazy build with Skeletons quite the same way. So, Conjurer it is :3

Endgame setup is going to be this: Mnemosyne

• [Pet] [1.1.9.8] (budget) (L) (sr) Petwalker - Walking Simulator Budget Pet Conjurer (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Summon Briarthorn, Blood of Dreeg
    • Passive Skills: Bonds of Bysmiel, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Primal Bond, Unholy Covenant, Ancestral Bond, Solael’s Witchfire, Void Weapons (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

O) Praise : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9ye9jV

SR 90 (Ultimate): https://i.imgur.com/PynYA9P.jpg
Potions & Consumables used, including Aether Clusters.

SR 65 (Ultimate): https://i.imgur.com/iv51M16.jpg
No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

Ravager of Flesh: https://i.imgur.com/S5d0vQ6.jpg
Took 15+ minutes, but an easy fight. No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

Callagadra: https://i.imgur.com/uw5zo49.jpg
Took around 1 hour, but mechanically easy fight. No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

Build Details

Playstyle:

• Use Blood of Dreeg to your Right Mouse Button, Move To on your Left Mouse Button.

• Toggle on all your toggle skills.

• Summon your Pets.

• Move around while your pets kill stuff, use Blood of Dreeg when available/needed.

• Collect Loot.

Factions:

• Kymon’s vs Vigil = Entirely upto you.

• Witch Gods = They are not mutually exclusive and you can max your reputation with all 3.

• Barrowholm = Join. We need access to their faction merchant.

• Anasteria = Doesn’t matter. Upto you.

Devotions:

• Green > Raven > Red > Jackal >

• Manticore > Solael’s Witchblade >

• Scholar’s Light > Remove Raven > Remove Green >

• Yellow > Blue > Eel > Sailor’s Guide >

• Crane > Staff of Rattosh > Remove Jackal >

• Tortoise > Solemn Watcher >

• Ishtak > Tree of Life (4 points for Healing Rain)

Skills:

• 4/12 Solael’s Witchfire, 3/3 Consecrated Blade

• 16/16 Blood of Dreeg, 12/12 Aspect of the Guardian

• 26/16 Summon Familiar, 4/16 Mend Flesh, 12/12 Storm Spirit, 17/12 Lightning Strike

• 26/16 Summon Hellhound, 10/12 Ember Claw, 17/12 Hellfire, 9/12 Infernal Breath

• 6/12 Bonds of Bysmiel, 12/12 Manipulation

• 18/16 Summon Briarthorn, 6/12 Ground Slam, 12/12 Emboldening presence

• 12/12 Mogdrogen’s Pact, 3/10 Heart of the Wild, 5/10 Oak Skin

• 14/12 Primal Bond

Items:

Benevald is in The Blood Grove.

Hyram is in Steelcap District - Malmouth.

(Hyram also sells Blueprint for Haunt Relic which is needed to Craft Ancestor)

(Blueprint for Mistborn Talisman drops from the boss in Smuggler’s Pass and from Swamp King in East Marsh. Also required for Ancestor)

Components:

• Purified Salt & Imbued Silver can be used in place of Riftstone in Weapon & Off-hand if Pets need more Aether/Chaos resistance. Both are Craftable at any Blacksmith without requiring Blueprint.

Augments:

Crafting & Transmuting NPCs:

Crafting -

Transmuting -

(Click to Expand)

How to Level

Attributes:

Everything into Physique, except for when you need to invest into Cunning or Spirit to meet the required stats for equipping items.

Leveling:

There are primarily 2 ways to go. Either focus on Occultist first or Shaman first. I would suggest going with Occultist first since it is more closer to the final setup than Shaman regarding devotions and such.

Occultist:

We will be focusing on Hellhound, Familiar and Elemental Damage. Since we are going for a Conjurer, it is recommended that you put enough points in Shaman early on, to get a 16/16 Briarthorn before going back to focus on the Occultist Side.

Devotions:

• Purple Crossroads > Shepherd’s Crook > Remove Purple

• Green Crossroads > Raven > Rhowan’s Crown > Remove Green

• Blue Crossroads > Eel > 4 points in Amatok (for Blizzard)

• Yellow Crossroads > Tortoise > Remove Yellow

• Sailor’s Guide > Crane > Panther > Solemn Watcher

• Ishtak + 4 points in Tree of Life (for Healing Rain)

Skills:

• Lvl 10 – 16/16 Familiar, 1/16 Mend Flesh.

• Lvl 20 – 16/16 Hellhound, 1/10 Curse of Frailty, 7/10 Vulnerability, 1/16 Blood of Dreeg, 1/12 Storm Spirit.

• Lvl 30 – 5/10 Curse of Frailty, 10/10 Vulnerability, 1/12 Ember Claw, 16/16 Blood of Dreeg.

• Lvl 40 – 12/12 Lightning Strike, 1/12 Aspect of the Guardian, 7/12 Bonds of Bysmiel.

• Lvl 50 – 12/12 Manipulation, 1/12 Infernal Breath.

• Lvl 60 – 12/12 Bonds of Bysmiel, 12/12 Possession.

• Lvl 70 – 12/12 Storm Spirit, 12/12 Aspect of the Guardian.

• Lvl 80 – 12/12 Ember Claw, 12/12 Infernal Breath.

• Lvl 90 – 10/10 Curse of Frailty, 16/16 Mend Flesh.

• Lvl 94 – Respec as needed, according to the build you are going for.

(Click to Expand)

Save file

_Rosary.zip (1.1 MB)

13 Likes

Alternate Link with Faction Belt, Gloves & Boots

Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Reserving for future use if needed.

2 Likes

For those dwellers of the internet who are not as stupid as me - Benevald is not past a Skeleton Key door, despite being outside of a town, so you can farm him like any other vendor. Amazingly, some dwellers of the internet realized this and saved themselves many hours of the scenic walk to and from Fort Harron.

Facepalm - I shall now go acquire about 50 trash blueprints in 30 minutes. The level 10 BPs are not the rarest in the game…

Am I the only one who would prefer to delete formulas.gst and farm a new toon for Beastcaller and Bysmiel (both accomplished now, though not using Bysmiel, with no shared stash, with a lol MI++ Salazar from SR) than farm Benevald?

I give ‘Else’ credit for the build, but Benevald is evil, just saying :slight_smile:

Or am I insane logging 3 days on a toon to prove it is ‘new player’ friendly before being able to do Ult 75-76?

P.S. Have Unholy Covenant… decidedly NOT from Benevald :slight_smile:

P.P.S, why is ‘Else’ quoting a Maya build! Thiefs! Bagginsss! gollus

2 Likes

Watch out, you wouldn’t want the feds to see that.

2 Likes

Personally I consider blue sets beginner friendly, especially when they have 5 pieces like that,
because the chance of transmuting random high level blue set piece into a piece of such set is 5%
and the cost is not high, in contrast to transmuting legendaries. Iron Bits are the limiter iirc?
If you combine it with all the other ways to get it (blueprint, random drops) I think it becomes reasonable.
I haven’t tested it that much in practice because so far I’ve been lucky with blue set drops on my SSF journeys.

I wouldn’t farm Benevald either because that indeed seems to be painful.

2 Likes

could maybe also add, at least from my experience, the way the game seem to handle blueprint drops, there seem to be a decent likelihood that you obtain “blue” blueprints rather early, from drop at least,
which ofc isn’t exactly the same as making it spawn at Benevald, but might mean a player manages to obtain it rather reasonably through casual play, be it some Monster Totems or other random stuff - with a bit of RNGesus blessus ofc :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I checked the price and it’s 30k + 5 Scraps for a transmutation. By playing SSF I have i.e. 10 mln Iron Bits
That would be enough for 333 trans and 333 * 5% ~ 16 Pieces of a particular 5 piece set on average.

Or in another way - for 5 pieces you’d have to make 20 times more trans so 100 trans and 3mln bits as a result.
500 scraps is 500 / 8 ~ 62 dismantlings? That’s also seems pretty reasonable.
Provided you use my 1 click dismantle macro though :laughing: (shameless plug)

Combine it with other ways to get the pieces and it looks target farmable to me but to be 100% sure I’ll have to play it myself.

2 Likes

I was told that it only took around 2 hours to vendor farm Benevald for the Blueprint.

“Obviously there is some luck involved when it comes to how long it takes to farm the blueprint, but that is the price for being able to play a budget pet build while eating ice cream” _ :red_circle:

Duplicate Blueprint -

Boots found shortly after -

“Deleted Formulas.cst & Formulas.gst before testing. Test conducted in the course of the same session. Every time a Blueprint other than the Skeleton Key one showed up, it was bought. When there was no blueprint, a Tonic of Mending was bought instead.” _ :red_circle:

2 Likes

Might be the case. Looking at my Benevald video I’d say I takes me 30 seconds to reset his stock so maybe it’s not so bad (any faster and it didn’t reset for me).

2 Likes

Hands Down - One of the best Build Guides I have ever read…Thanks for the great work!! Also, the included Devotion Scheme is fantastic!!! One of my biggest problems is trying to work my way through suggested ‘Devotion Set-ups’…You are to be congratulated, Sir!!!..'Live long, And Prosper, my friend!!

1 Like

Hey guys got a noob question. Leveling with this build right now… and i am having issues even on veteran… what stats am i stacking outside of pet stats? like lvl 25 right now and my pets and i getting straight pushed in! following this build down to a T. Should i be stacking vitality damage increase or poison?

Another question, can someone please let me know to which abilities i should be binding my devotions? perhaps thats the problem. I see the laid out devotion guide, but doesnt say anything about to which abilities they should be attached. Sorry for being a noob.

The grimtools link shows them in the Devotion window.

1 Like

I know this is a bit late reply. But Veteran is intended to be challenging.
It is preferable to go Normal - Elite - Ultimate instead of starting in Veteran.

2 Likes

Any ideas how this would do in the season 4 challenges?

Hard to say since the build was never tested on League.