Please change highlevel relic crafting

Once you get to endgame and has access to the highlevel engineers,
crafting the “endgame” relics that is insanely expensive, should have their
“completion bonus” become a choice instead of a random bonus.

Some of these relics requires a small fortune in materials and iron to be crafted,
and i don’t see any logic in the player having no say in what kind of bonus we’d
want as we finally complete the relic we’re crafting.

Some of these relics for example, has a completion bonus of +5% spirit…
but what good is that if your character hasn’t spent a single point IN spirit
and isn’t depending on it either ?.

Give players a way to decide (maybe by higher payment) what kind of
completion bonus we want to add on the legendary relics .

I agree with you here, although I would suggest a different approach. To enable transmutation of items on themselves. This way there is still a price to overcome randomness, but not one that will tire people to death by farming components over and over again to craft more relics. I’ve seen people craft almost 100 Deathstalkers to roll good OA/DA. Was that fun? Probably not :wink:

2 Likes

I crafted Annihilation and the bonus totally missed me (+1 to skills I didn’t have) so I just accepted it as relic was cool enough. I chose to craft it for the core stuff, not completion bonus.

Keep in mind that game doesn’t even show completion bonus beforehand. Maybe to prevent from focusing on it. So whatever bonus you get - consider it a free-of-charge addition.

2 Likes

I’ve been suggesting something like that with a different logic. Yes crafting relics are expensive, though I consider it normal, it’s stats based on rng between pre-determined min-max values, that’s cool too which consist in every aspect of the game. However completion bonusses are a bit PITA. You have to craft a few relics atleast to get both good stat rolls and the completion bonus you need. Which they’re not too much but nice to have imo. And being able to choose what you like will be too easy for sure.

My suggestion is; except Serenity and maybe some other relic which don’t provide class skill completion bonusses, we should have a reroll mechanism on the relic without changing the rolled stats but just to reroll completion bonus. Inventor’s can be added such mechanism, when we get desirable stats on a relic but with a useless completion bonus; we should be able to reroll it by inventor npc with a considerable cost. And so there are already a lot of options, again we might need to roll more than a few so it won’t be too efficient but atleast something. I’m not %100 sure this is doable, but devs can answer that for sure.

2 Likes

Or at least let us dismantle relics. At least. Like legendary items.
But to reroll would be much better.

Rerolling the completionbonus could take forever and possibly use
up all your currency, depending on what price they would apply.
Just let players pick the completionbonus on L90+ legendary relics,
they are expensive enough when it comes to currency and iron.

+1 to two skills isn’t that important, compared to other perks of the relic. It’s mostly frustrating if you need the bonuses to cap your main attack, which is under supported by gear.

I would even say there’s bigger discrepancy in generic bonus granted by non + specific mastery relics. Getting 4% DA on Serenity on top is way better compared to some resistance you may have overcaped by lot or CC, you have in abundance.

1 Like

+1 to dis :3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.