Please reconsider raise the dead skeletons type of damage

Aether and vitality are really hard to be useful together… there are not so many gear or skills that combines these two…

Make them Chaos (THEY ARE EVIL SKELETONS RAISED FROM THE DEAD, THEY ARE TOTALLY CHAOTIC) and vitality
So it would fit perfectly for an AAR chaos warlock or Sigil of consumption based build…

Skeletons fits better with chaos builds, evil and darkness…

Please :slight_smile:

Please no…

Seriously, its an odd combination but not that much, here’s some reasonig:

1. Making an aether+vitality Build takes as much as making a chaos+vitality build +2 Albrechts Duality rings (or the Clairvoyant set).

2. There’s a fair chance that the 8th mastery coming in the expansion could genuinely utilize this exact damage type combo.

3. Lore wise raising the dead (besides the obvious vitality pairing) is well associated with aether as the Atherials frequently raise and corrupt dead bodies to fight for them.

(4. Updating the changelog and further delaying 1.0.0.8 on a matter like this would drive people nutts :).)

just my 2cents

Makes sense having Aether/Vitality damage types for a possible Necromancer…

From a lore point of view raised skeletons are Undead, but raised bodies (using Aether magic) i.e. Zombies are Aetherials.

The change to Raise Skeletons confirmed the 8th Class being a Necromancer in my eyes. It clearly seems like a move to create a fitting star sign for them.

I think it’s just the opposite. It’s a move designed to placate those who wanted Necro but won’t get it. :cool:

Given that undead MIs do cold and vitality damage, those skeletons should also do cold and vitality damage.

The changes to Raise the Dead are obviously meant to make it useful for Aether characters OR Vitality characters. You were never intended to be able to take advantage of both damage types at the same time. This should not have been a difficult concept to grasp.