Poll: Component Completion Bonuses

chances are it needs no programming time at all, just a change to the from/to range in the database (set both to the same value)

Simply remove the extra Seed for component/relic deviation

there is no extra seed

but keep the bonus as it was when components were first introduced. You can then stack to your hearts desire like potions with components

you cannot stack, there still is a seed and it still determines the completion bonus, you could not stack back then either

Is it really that large of an issue to have +5% Attack Speed instead of a range from +3-7%? I thought it was nice enough to have +10% Physical Damage instead of +8-12% range anyways…

it is not that big an issue, but it also does not accomplish anything. In order to stack, not only the value range would have to go, but also the different types of bonuses. One component, exactly one completion bonus.

I wonder if some ‘yes’ voters misunderstood that as well :wink:

Don’t get too carried away, they just are not ruling out more than one, it all will depend on sales :wink:

Wow. A poll closed after two weekdays ? Results “interpreted” as their opposite ?
I remember now why I’ve been staying well away from the forum. Participative development is a scary thing.

Completed components has stat deviation seed value same way gear has seed value for stat deviation. In titan quest you can change seed value using TQvault and changing seed value rolled different deviated stat values, but without changing actual stats in gear. Deviation seed values makes those gear “unique” even if those had same prefix and affix.

Without stat deviation seed value components that has example. total speed % as bonus shares same seed for bonus stats. Because those shares same seed what stopping stacking components? Because how game allow stacking and seeds are excluded from stacking? How hard is it exclude components from seed stacking rule?

Hence extra coding may be required and removal of deviated complition bonus would be practical.

Ugh, why? Why have you chosen to cave to the diehard, batshit crazy min-maxers that believe any and all change is the purest form of evil? Reading through this its obvious who these diehards are by the sheer number of posts they’ve been spewing out trying to defend the currently extremly tedious and hardly rewarding component system.

OBVIOUSLY the diehards are going to have the strongest opinions and have the strongest forum presence - don’t let these loudmouths deafen and blind you to what your larger playerbase wants.

It’s been said many times before and I’ll say it again…You CAN stack components while keeping the completion bonus. :rolleyes:

I really don’t understand why you keep posting this incorrect info when you were involved a thread discussing about it last year and I explained why they will stack.

The main reason this was not inplemented is because it’s going to take the devs far too long to create all the additional UI and scripting to enable it to happen and still finish the game this century. :rolleyes:

Look what happened to Diablo3. The devs made a game that catered to the masses and the casuals. End result= a watered down game with no customization/replayability/complexity/role playing/ and so on… I and many others who are passionate about this game dont want this game to go down the same route.

Without this mythical playerbase speaking up for themsleves, we will never know what they want and no-one here can claim to speak for them.:wink:

Don’t worry man, we only cave to the diehard batshit crazy min-maxers half the time. The other half we sacrifice our principles out of greed, spit in the face of our loyal fans and water down the game in pursuit of the ultra casual masses. In the end I think this approach balances out.

LoL,

I approve of this message

Ah, the evil one rises once more. Been awhile.

I’m so looking forward to clicking and dragging thousands of components throughout my inventory - many loyal fans think its super compelling and fun so it must be! Maybe after I complete my 50,000th I’ll finally be hardcore enough to see how leaving things as they are is actually the best idea.

Fer cereal.

lol no one saves shitty components. In over 1200 Hours I don’t even have a full tab of components. You only keep ones with great bonuses and ones that are used for crafting. But hey if you want 50K components good luck with that.

You do realize who won the vote, right?

Also, while I’m not going to pull some statistic out of my ass, its commonly known that most players don’t bother with forums. Indeed, its usually, you know, the diehards/fanatics - oh excuse me, the “loyal fans”.

I think it’d be healthy to lock this about now, as everything constructive that could be touched upon has been, yet there’s plenty of kindle here waiting to grow into something unnecessary.

You do realize the vote was ended early because the majority of people voting one way or the other weren’t terribly partial to either side (i.e., I voted yes, but I’m perfectly fine with no change whatsoever).

I think this may have been true about six months ago, but recently we’ve been seeing a ton of newer players visit these forums actively. This is mostly due to ever-increasing exposure; PAX certainly helped. So while its likely true that most players don’t visit the forums (I won’t argue against that, as I’d be totally flabbergasted if it weren’t the case), I don’t quite think its fair to say that of those that do visit these forums, the majority is comprised of diehard “loyal fans”.

How does this relate, in the slightest, to my comment that you have quoted. That players that don’t post on the forums, will never have their views known by those that do. :confused::confused:

No one won the vote, there just wasn’t enough oomph to clearly show one way or the other. The end result is don’t change, at least that’s what medierra said in his post. I can understand that, and it makes sense.

I voted yes, but I did have some concerns such as how do I get those odd resistances that only seem to come in the completion bonus would be handled. That would need to be looked at. Otherwise, I don’t build around a component, I use them to enhance my character though.

Agree with Ceno. This thread has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I voted yes, but it was because the majority of the Crate team wanted it changed. It was clear how the vote was going and hardly any minds were going to be changed. Just insults being passed back and forth. Still my favorite game of course.

Lets use a little deductive reasoning: my first statement was that even amongst the “loyal fans” the consensus is that the change was wanted and thus the “yes” voters won.

Next, if you read the second part of my post, I stated that the majority of players (which arn’t the diehards) don’t much bother to come to forums and probably didn’t even know this poll existed. If they HAD known, I’m sure the “yes” would have won by even more.

But whatevs, its been decided. Ceno is right, lock this bitch up.

What’s sort of ironic here though is that this is only a problem for you because you’re moderately hardcore. I’d predict that the vast majority of more casual players will never run into this problem because they won’t collect all that many components and won’t care about getting the perfect completion bonus. So, unfortunately, sounds like you’re in a semi-hardcore middle segment for which the current state of things is the most problematic.

Good call…