Post FG purifier

im interested in your stronghold puri build, do you have a link?

I will put it to here in about 6 hours after I got back home from work… :smile:

That sounds like cheating, is cheating allowed in Grim Dawn?

1 Like

SG set + stronghold got a bunch of stats and goodies covering all front. Lol. The build is stable and got a really good damage. Should be able to achieve 6 min cruci with banner.

Damn SG set is really good in most of AA build, it feels boring. Though I will post one more AA SG build after I am done levelling my paladin. :stuck_out_tongue:

well this sounds perfect, i love boring builds

Here to anyone who interested, Shattered Guardian + Stronghold Set Purifier:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbO6nV

Video with 4 buff without banner as usual like my others vid (7:20 clear):

My best time with banner is 6:20 with it, but I am pretty sure that this can go below 6 min.
BTW, dummy kill is 17sec. Crazy for such a tanky build.

damn i’ll try and adapt this to paladin

I have tried before from way back in the FG theorycrafting thread and it doesn’t look that good on paper.
I really want this to be hybrid retal on paladin but itemization and devo is not enough.

do you have a leveling guide? im new and i mostly need to know what devotion route to take as well as class points. the grim tools dont show exactly how much points are in and what is extra from items. Thanks!!

I am not really into levelling guide. @malawiglenn, @Stupid_Dragon, and @Nery can give you more insight on that if you are deciding that to be your 1st character.

For seeing how much skill point spent in the skill, hold Ctrl+shift in Grimtools.

1 Like

The strongest dw ranged is Ludrigan but it’s only so due to hybridizing with Totems and Boxes.

I’m not sure what would be the strongest dw ranged purifier: Dagallon, fire in Justice set or Barrelsmith.

It doesn’t look like much on paper, everything is low. I’d never say it could do those times. What’s the secret? Also, wouldn’t Seal of the Void be better for more attack speed (so low! how did you do those times???) and wps?

Last I check dagallon is bad, fire with justicar is boring, also last I check barrelsmith FS+Grenado is bad. Havent check FS+Canister bomb. Usually most of them aside justicar is not stable.

Damn Ya, stop sounding like a noob! :smiling_imp:
Gunner especially fire strike archetype usually cannot have big fat flat like melee, so it need to compensate by accumulating small small damage from FS and WPS interaction. This build is using the synergies between fire strike and barrage + spread type WPS to shotgunning enemies. Attack speed cannot be too high because this is a shielded gunner.
On the component, seal of void is not taken because it convert phys to chaos and WPS is almost capped. Also, we need to convert phys to fire as much as possible because we have so many. One last thing, the build also convert almost 80% of pierce to fire in WPS and inq’s flat.

Other proc from devo and item also contribute much to the build clear speed.

1 Like

Devotion is simple to figure out, just try it before you ask.
Hold down ctrl+shift in grim tools and you see how many hard points are spent in each skill

11k weapon dmg is already high for 1h gunner too. Last time I did that I only had 9k, tho I went double jaxx for the shotguns and not full conversion. I’m still surprised by 17s dummy, maybe you got lucky and got more shotguns instead of bursting rounds?

I know about Brimstone and I see the conversion. But even with all the converted flat from the passives and Arcane Empowerment wpn dmg is only 12k in gt tooltip. Your best dmg procs have excellent proccing skills, though…

I didn’t see the Stronghold proc, yeah, you got 97% wps. But, if not on this one, I think Seal of the Void is BiS on most ranged builds. That wps is stronger than Bursting Round.

One last question: what’s up with everyone binding Eldritch Fire to Flashbang. 27%! Against single target shouldn’t proc, gotta spam that Flashbang and lose DPS. Even on my Pyran that doesn’t aa or spam anything I didn’t wanna use FB for Eldritch Fire (too busy with piano and positioning to bother spamming FB). But I see everyone binding that FB to the most important proc - why?

If you hit 2 people with it the chance of proccing once goes up to around 47%, which is an okay chance. And the only time you hit just one guy is at the very start of nemesis waves and even then when flashbang cools down the others have already arrived which really ups the chances. Also if it’s Alex it’s instant 3 targets with the crystals which means 61% proc chance.

But the real reason is that there’s no better skill to bind it to. Seal doesn’t let you proc it at range, FS is reserved for torrent. Box is okay but then once eldritch fire procs once box is pretty much useless due to the spreading effect. Horn of gandarr? Maybe but that’s one more skill to juggle.

Refer to x1x2 explanation on flashbang. Well, you can bind it to thermite mine. I am too skeptical to thermite mine at this point and decided not to test it at all

On seal of void, If you go dual wield, yeah seal of void is mostly BiS. Though I prefer to not use it in a physical base gun.

I test it two times. one is 17sec, the other is 18sec. The build is strong. The most stable purifier I test. It’s just too boring and I hate to use thermite mine.

Thermite Mines suck for proccing low chance procs in my experience. I’ve seen Fissure bound to Mines on some builds but when I tried it it was bad. I think getting Box for Fissure is a great move. Fissure is massive dmg when procced well.

It is. Stormbox is good on proccing almost anything.

On a side note, SG set + 2x mythical arcanum sigillis should also be good as Thermite mine now reduce all elemental resist. Haven’t checked or theorycraft one though.