Pre-order Support

The DRM-free version, for which you require that key, will only become available later. But you can request an additional Steam key to play the latest alpha build right now.

See All Early / KS Backers now have Steam Keys! for directions.

ok …
Don’t have the Steam alpha key…
Only the Grim Dawn access key which says redeemed ?
I’m a little confused… do I have to buy up to get early access or request it somewhere?
The posts and links I followed just confused me.
Thanks

No, by now anyone who preordered / supported the Kickstarter has access now
see http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11579

I know you say the links confuse you, but I can’t explain it any simpler than it is explained there

I have an access key on humble bundle site…
It does not work when trying to activate on Steam
The humble bundle site does not show a Steam Alpha access key…it is blank
So again… can I upgrade?
Or is there another way to get alpha Steam key… or just sit and wait for download option someday through humble bundle?

EDIT!!!

AHHHHH… click the button on humble bundle page next to Steam alpha and a key pops up!
Would be nice to have read that somewhere!!
Problem solved…thanks

I had posted this question on steam, but figured there is more activity here then over there.

I was curious: I received Grim Dawn as a gift on steam from a friend because my jobs hitting hard times, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the way this game plays.

When my tax’s come in, say I wanted to bump up my level of support to loyalist; Would I be able to do that, even though I recieved the game only through steam??

Im a poverty-level income trying to support me and my disabled girlfriend; The $75 loyalist package I want is a bit steep, but im hoping I can pay just to up my support from how much the steam version cost.

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to upgrade through steam. See also this thread http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12379 and in particular this quote by Medierra:

Here the price is different to steam, and with 3 options which steam only has one. Please advise where should I buy?

You should buy from the website as the devs will get more money that way and you either have a cheaper option here or options for different packages with bonus stuff.

Sorry I have to ask for clarification, hopefully this is the best place for it.

When I preorder now I will get the Steam alpha key and Humble DRM free key (for future use) but what happens when the final game is released? Do I lose the DRM free version key if the Steam alpha has been redeemed? Can they deactivate the Steam alpha when it goes final? I always thought early access alphas upgraded to the final build.

The key for the DRM free version, is that a multiplayer key like Diablo 2?

Thanks for your help! Gonna play some TQ this weekend I think :slight_smile:

If you purchase the game at our website, you will get both an early access Steam key and a key for the DRM-free full release. You do not lose the release key by playing the game on Steam now. Enjoy!

Does the Steam early access turn into the full steam release? I guess I’m not sure how those work. It kind of seems like at final release you’ll get(keep/upgrade) 1Steam copy and 1 DRM free copy at Humble?

Thanks again!

If you buy the Steam early access you are buying the full game.

If you buy from the website here you will get both a steam key and a DRM free key on release.

So if you want a cheaper option go with Steam and wait for a sale - or if you want more options when it comes to actually owning the game without worrying about Steam you can buy from the website.

Cool, sounds good!

Hello,
I bought the game long ago (I guess the end of 2010) - and that time the edition with alpha access, i guess 48$

So the question is: what do I get when the game is out?
Loyalist? If not, how can I upgrade? :slight_smile:

I hope the answer is not written here anywhere …

regards

The equivalent of the Legendary Edition is the Grim Dawn Patron Edition. For details please see Questions of the worried customer and answers to them, especially Bonus Content and Upgrade.

wow thanks for the fast answer! (should have found that by myself :o )

Look at the post two above yours for a link with more info on what you want. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m an old school LAN hardcore gamer with six machines for me and my friends
As your game interest me for my LAN sessions, I would like ti know if you have plan for multipost licence with preferencial price :slight_smile:

Sincerely

Arnaud

Just buy it somewhere between 1 and 6 times depending on how much you feel it’s worth, and install it on them all. :slight_smile:

Multiplayer supports up to 4 players per session. Or you have 2 separate MP sessions, so that up to 6 people can play in your LAN.