Primal Strike Warder: A Consensus?

I was looking around the boards, and I’ve seen a lot of bits and pieces of builds and fragments of insights being posted, but I do not believe there is anything like such a one posted on here.

Everything aside from Primal Strike itself (and in truth only Torrent, at that), seems to up in the air, if not outright contested.

Be it the need and/or viablity of a skill itself, such as Wendigo Totem or Vines, or how to actually craft the best Devotional stack. Some say Widow, some say, Kraken, others say Falcon, still others swear by a bit of Menhir, most like Behemoth, Turtle, and Viper… but they do not all fit together and play nicely in the limited 50 point, 6 type-segmented chart.

So, I was wondering if there is as yet a consensus on how best to craft one.

Pretty sure we are all in agreement that primal strike should be maxed alongside torrent :stuck_out_tongue: Tbh I’ve never looked at a warder thread or at least not in a long time, but the master skill/point distribution shouldn’t be too different build to build though we all have our little tweaks. Not too much to argue over me thinks

Been ages since I’ve played my primal strike druid, but here’s a picture of my devotions which features almost everything you mention! Can’t see it, but I have the entire tree of life devotion and 3 points in behemoth which gets you the ability. If you’d prefer the DA/armor from the sexy 3 points in menhir you could do some tinkering, but tree of life would have to go

I’ve got mine basically:

Behemoth
Turtle
Ulo
Viper
Eel
Hawk
Lion
Widow
Kraken
Tree

All maxed, with Order and Primordial at the Crossroads. :smiley:

As far skills go, the only thing I am debating is pulling some odd bits to invest 9 points in order to get that Scars of Battle buff.

I’m not a fan of The Widow, takes too many points for too little reward (at least for lightning). I took Tempest and Spear of Heaven instead of Tree of Life and other defensive Devotions.

Personally I find those pretty lackluster unless you have plenty of resist reduction. Last I checked spears damage didn’t scale very well and tempest had a long ass cooldown. -33% lightning res is a lot better for my druid than +XX% lightning when I’ve got 1000% already. All I have for built in res reduction is this stupid ass tornado that flies around with a mind of its own :smiley: I agree widow isn’t so hot outside of the final point, but the point that gives 20% aether resist and something else is rpetty sweet. +blue is great if you want tree of life too since a lot of the other +blue is pretty gd useless

Get rid of that turtle devo unless you have legit nothing else you want. It is poop imo

1. If you want to ultilize Primal Strike, Warder (Soldier 2-nd mastery) isnt an obvious choice, actually. Conjurer (Occultist 2-nd mastery) can be even better.
  2. Wendigo Totem is incredibly good, max it for ANY Shaman build. Vines are optional, you dont need them really.
  3. Widow is a must-have for any lightning build (and Primal Strike is always a lightning build), Kraken is must-have for any 2-h attack build.
  4. I’d lso recommended going for Tree of Life. Why? Because it provides tons of Energy regen, and Primal Strike is a very expensive ability.
  5. Soldier has it own “oh-shit” ability, that activates on low health and saves your ass. You dont need Turtle for him, actually.
  6. Falcon Swoop is a very strong proc at 20 level. Just made you know. Stats from constellation are kinda bad, though.

First of all:

For a 2-hander, the last points have to be spent on Falcon.

Reason: Shamans have Heart of the wild and Wendigo totem, solving all of your survivability needs (the 2-handed lightning Warder version tanks Avatar of Mogdrogen easily, I tried it). What they need is offensive ability, because of the huge crit bonus from Stromcaller’s pact.

Primal strike seems better than Savagery. They do around the same damage, but…

1. Savagery only works for Warder (2-handed) or Trickster (DW), with Warder still being better off going Primal strike. The reason is that you need the attack procs for aoe.
  2. Because of #1, Primal strike needs much less points invested
  3. PS triggers Falcon swoop twice as often.