PRM Sorceress that considers dying a polite suggestion (also hi)

Again, it depends. I think crab is amazing personally.

I don’t know how detailed you want me to get into the mechanics of it, but the TL;DR is:

1. GD rewards players for specializing in their builds.
  2. Damage absorb gets incrementally better with each independent source you can get.

Case and point: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk6k1QZ

I’ve beaten naked crucible with this glassy ass spec. Took a crazy level of piloting, and every trick I know of to do it, but it can be done.

1 Like

Both types of damage absorption? Also how important is overcapping resists?

A general rule of thumb - whatever you can do to enemies, enemies can do to you, and vice versa.

This applies with RR.

So how important are overcaps? Very.

A complicated question to answer, but yes. Both are important if you can stack them.

But if you can’t, then having 200 damage absorb really isn’t going to do too much for you.

New and improved PRM Sorcerer added if anybody want’s to have a look and make suggestions.

Ignore the following questions if you’re playing self found and lack the required gear.

1. What’s the rationale for ulzuin’s chest piece? Fateweaver’s is probably the best non-set chest piece for elemental and aether builds.

2. Wyrmscale gloves might be worth considering here as well

Regarding skill point distribution, I suggest you take a closer look at the break points of your skills.

E.g. inner focus should always be left at an even number

I was working on resists when I made the change. Looking at it again, Fateweaver looks better. I went with Cindertouch because the Cinderwinds appealed to me, chaos resist and the fire to lightning conversion making better use of the lightning RR.
Edit: Just made the changes, along with shuffling a few skill points around. I can see what you mean about break points. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxmn85Z

I don’t mean to be rude or condescending when I say this, I’m just shooting straight with you here mate - but there are a bunch of sub-optimal choices you’ve made regarding your skill point distrib.

e.g. you’re investing in elemental balance for dot damage and crit - why not invest in supercharged in state?

You get crit damage, flat damage, and %elemental too.

you’ll also need to patch up your DA. 2.7k is the bare minimum if you can pilot well, if not I’d gun for 2.8k

A good place to start is with ring augments. You can net an easy 210 flat DA from augments alone - and that’s before %DA bonuses

It’s so the crit damage can benefits price like Elemental Seekers, but I see what you mean. Also, I thought you and mad Lee said that DA wasn’t super important for something like this build? And I don’t mind the blunt honesty, pretty sure there’s worse ways to get the point across.

Well…just because something isn’t important doesn’t mean that you don’t need ANY

For example, energy isn’t important on most auto attacking builds, but if my energy pool is 0, I wouldn’t even be able to use a WPS, let alone a skill like belgo strikes

Also, lee is playing a magehunter which is tankier than the sorc

Right, what would you recommend component and augment wise since I’m pretty sure there’s important resists on the ring augments.

I would recommend arcanum dust if you need the energy, but I would personally try my utmost best to use 3x forgefires

that’s 45 flat elemental damage, 150% ele damage, and 210 DA from just augments alone.

I would fix resists using fateweaver’s chestpiece with necessary components. things like purified salt and imbued silver are great as they confer on the spec both defensive and offensive stats

Sounds good, but I’ll need to compensate for loss of acid resist from rings+amulet. Any suggestions? And do you Blast Shield is enough for pierce resist?

Full disclosure: I’m trying my best to balance the suggestions I’m giving between 2 things -

1. What I personally think is best on the invoker sorc
  2. Keeping it vague enough so that you are free to experiment and learn the awesome fun which is theory crafting

But if that’s unhelpful, I’m more than willing to be direct.

In lieu of the above, however. ugdenbog leather*, venomguard/kingsguard augments should do the trick.

If all else fails, I’d use boots with acid res on them.

From my min/maxing-ultra-late-game perspective, no. It isn’t.

I’ll never be satisfied with any spec which is reliant on procs to have sufficient stats to perform

The exception here being a spec with incredible cooldown and thus is able to have 100% uptime on a proc.

E.g. Permascension with time dilation

1 Like

What you’re doing right now has already been a lot of help. I’ll get to experimenting when I get back from work.

1 Like

Just did some skill point reshuffling and adjusting augments+components. I can’t seem to get to 2700 DA baseline, but I managed to compensate somewhat by upping arcane will. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq3ev62

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7eE6ON

boop. magic.

That is a nice boost, but the lack of overcap on acid and pierce concerns me. Are those generally the least threatening, late game?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnKvdN

This might be better, but pierce res is the least important res type. Chaos isn’t too important either, except against benny and his chaos land mines

Acid damage is a bigger concern against kaisan and his bullshit acid doom bolt.

Thanks, I think this one comes out better overall if pierce res isn’t that important. Especially since it gives a nice attack proc to make up for the small drop in damage boost. Do you think it’s worth investing extra into arcane will?

Depends on your CDR, and what you have to give up.

Arcane will is absolutely amazing if you have more than 40% cdr imo