Project Cornucopia: The Unofficial Rebalancing Mod

From the other thread that should be here.

Ceno answered it pretty well but you have to keep in mind that our intention is to make a mod that still “feels” like GD. We simply want to expand the current meta, but where we can we’d like to use the developer’s original vision. How can we claim to know said vision? It’s actually not that hard in a lot of cases. For example there are some legendary items or epics that nobody really wants to use, but we can look at the stats on them, the damage types, or even more obvious the +skills if it has any and figure out what kind of build the devs WANTED it to support. Then we figure out why it’s failing to support said build/place in the meta (another item does it better on the same tier, another item is OP and is doing it better for all builds, the build it supports is too poor to be viable anyway, the item is too weak stat wise) and then fix the problem.

The only time we attempt a bigger rework is when we feel a skill’s design is too limiting to balance reasonably. It depends on what kind of rebalance are you looking to create? Our’s is a pretty serious one, with a theme restriction in place (stay true to the main game) where the aim is for as much depth as we can imagine. Someone could make a completely different extreme overhaul that reworks everything to the point it feels very different from the base game, and still be fun and well balanced.

Thanks for pointing people here for this talk, really I appreciate it. This is the tip of the iceberg but I want to point out that we blatantly will NOT touch every skill. Some skills are more then fine. Some skills, are GREAT. The only reason we’d probably touch those if if they’re “way too good” and need a minor nerf. We’re not trying to put our own personal touch on everything, as mentioned in our philosophy of not fixing what isn’t broken. We just want to see to it that everything that appears in GD has a purpose in ultimate… more or less.

As I said in the other thread, copying over doesn’t work. What I will add in this thread: I’m not even going to consider making a CornCalc until this mod is about done with the skills. I don’t really have the time to keep editing a website a long side my edits to things in the mod.

Anyone else can make one though.