PS4 and Grim Dawn

Hi I searched PS4 and didn’t find anything with forum search tools. So it might have been asked but it’s a fairly simple question. 1) Why is GD coming out only in XBoxOne? Is it a business deal giving Xbox an exclusive? Or is it some difference in the programming needed for PS4 such as like how Mac doesn’t use directX or whatever? 2) In light of question number 1 does that mean that it will never come out for PS4? Or does it mean that they might consider it and when they have the programming labor to set it up for PS4 (produce it to sell on PS4) they might do that?

As a fan of GD and a PS4 owner I would be ecstatic to hear it might come out in PS4.

If I recall correctly, Crate was open to bringing it to PS4 but Sony was resistant and/or not as accommodating as Microsoft was.

Source: Interview with WCCFTech

WCCFTech: Why did you choose Microsoft’s console for Grim Dawn? Are there any chances to see it on other platforms such as PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch?
Zantai: A big part of it is that it’s easier to port from PC to the Xbox. It helped that Microsoft was very interested in the port and helped us get set up initially. Sony contacted us initially, but communication broke down so we prioritized the Xbox.
Whether we do other console ports in the future remains to be seen, but for now, our focus is on the Xbox.

So sounds like Crate may have gotten pissed how Sony was not helpful somehow with the project but that it is possible at some later date that they will work on a port to PS4?

I rather think it was more as Zantai said. Communication broke down. As in Sony wasn’t showing much interest and dialogue while Microsoft on the other hand appeared to be quite accommodating as well as being the easier platform to port to. We can only speculate on the particulars unless Crate cares to divulge the details (which I doubt they will). I’m sure they would be open to eventually doing a port if Sony was a bit more receptive.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Well I hope it eventually works out and comes to PS4

I really want a Switch version of Grim Dawn.

Playing it where ever I want? Yes please!

Has already been said that Grim Dawn is unlikely to ever go to Switch. The console simply isn’t up to coping with GD’s demands.

27th July stream:
“AllerionGr : plans for a switch port?
Not very likely primarily due to performance concerns. Switch just doesn’t have as much juice as the other consoles and the infrastructure portal of Switch itself is very different. Xbox is actually the easiest to port to of the 3.”

Today we got announcement that D3 coming to switch this year.
So there is a little hope that GD are comes to swtich too.

Not sure I follow your logic.

I’m just going to throw this out there. if the Nintendo switch can run diablo3ly, then it certainly has the hardware to run grimdawn. That is all. nothing more, nothing less.

Or Blizzard have enough money to throw at it to make D3 work on Switch.

Very true.

From here:

Plus, it wasn’t just Nintendo helping Blizzard with the Switch version: Stilwell said that a team of “eight or nine” Blizzard staffers collaborated with Iron Galaxy, the studio that helped bring Skyrim to Switch last year. The whole process of bringing Diablo III to Switch took them about nine months.

So pretty much the whole Crate team, plus external help, busy for 9 months on a console that will probably be deprecated soon after the port is done.

However, it is a better idea than the Space Force.

Any chance the PC version could get a setting to change the button icons to the DS4 layout? Shot in then dark after reading this post but I would love to see this since the DS4 is IMO the best controller for the PC.

I am curious if the PC version is going to be cross-platform compatible with Xbox this time? Kids these days seem to prefer consoles over the more mature PC.

No, it’s not.

This news is also talked about in our country. Are there plans for localization?

Localisations for the game are handled by the community.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I think I still have my old Amiga laying around in someplace. Any chance we can get a port to that? Amigafans want2know! ;):confused::frowning: