Pure Caster Builds - Viable?

ZZAAAAPPPP!!!

Very nice. :slight_smile:

This thread has been SUPER helpful to a noob GD player [me]. I have a witchblade that is jajaja’s cadence monster and is all physical/bleed/trauma and my other main char is Panetti’s Sorcerer which is all PRM/Dest for damage and thus aether stacked. You’re absolutely right about running into issues with some mobs! Harbinger and the like are so aether resistant that its a bitch to burn them down. I was carrying around conflaguration rune for awhile just as a backup for when I needed fire damage to the highly resistance. Arcane bomb helps but my gear is mostly trash at level 62 so it’s a fight. The witchblade by comparison, well… no comparison… physical/bleed/trauma just kind of shreds everything.

That’s been one of the biggest things I’ve ef’d up with casters in GD is balancing my damage types. My first char was pure arcanist and was… not good. I also wasn’t using the arc skills properly, stacking elements properly, or really had no game plan for how to focus that character. :slight_smile:

Nicely done, i like your playstyle. I was going to ask for a guide, but you already said you have plans to make one. Also nice track in the background \m/

Yeah i saw that thread a while back. Impressive achievement.

and a poison witch hunter can do too

I find that blademaster is the hardest to compleat gladiator crucible

of course I can grab a shield and played like a witchblade…

Hi ~~

I think in a way i am compulsive to invest a lot in spirit if playing a caster BD.

because this game is totally free combination. there would turn out all varieties of casters as long as they use magic. there are casters carrying a gun, carrying a shield, wearing heavy armor, and investing all in physique.

Let’s just say I am a bit old school. when I play a caster, I create a classic one. :slight_smile: one that doesn’t invest in physique but spirit, one that doesn’t wearing heavy armor or using a gun or shield, or one that only has 1500DA or so or 800-900 AR. Through my effort, I could prove this type actually works.

My chain-reactive AAR bd can still act well in main game but not crucible :frowning:

I just wanted to say that I actually did finish the Gladiator Crucible with an AAR warlock build centered around the new Black Flame set a couple of days ago. However, it was the most PAINFUL EXPERIENCE I had in this game. If it weren’t for a lot of motivation and - most importantly - luck I would have probably died in the last wave. AAR builds are trash in the crucible unless you use the map topography to create choke points. Also, you need 3/4 buffs and a lot of consumables to make it through.

I will give my feedback to the devs on the Black Flame set, as well as a couple of others in few days, because I believe something went horribly wrong in how some new items were designed. I mean, the fact that you can finish Glad Crucible solo is good, but the fact that it costs you 3 x more than a witchblade in terms of consumables + buffs, is not. It makes you wonder why would anyone choose to play an AAR build - that is just as gear dependent - and not just go with the flow and make a tanky physical/trauma witchblade that has 60-70% the same dps, but three times the survivability.

P.S.: Just for the record, I will also mention that I finished Gladiator solo with a sword and focus Witchblade. That pretty much tells you how OP the class is for the crucible.