QoL/steam improvement

A couple suggestions,

Move the higher difficulty unlocks (hardcore, elite, etc.) to an account flag instead of a character flag. I cleared old characters to do a new playthrough after years and lost the ability to play hardcore.

Double-check how the executable is verifying which dlc is active? I toggled dlc off/on again to test something, and ended up having to reinstall to access my character again, as the game was consistently booting with all dlc disabled after I had re-enabled it.

Love the game, thanks for the years of polish and improvement.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hardcore is available from the start, it’s not a higher difficulty thing. You just have to choose hardcore when you make a new character. They’ll be golden in the character selection screen.

Not for new characters, but you can get them for alts

Also with v1.2 you now unlock both Elite and Ultimate when you kill Loghorrean in the Necropolis on Normal difficulty.

Game should have to reinstall the DLC once you enable it again so if that doesn’t happen try unticking and then ticking the box again.

use launch commands instead of actually removing dlc library toggle?
/nogdx1
^disables AoM+FG
/nogdx2
^disables only FG
then all you do is remove the launch command when done

when you toggle dlc off in steam you’re effectively uninstalling them, thus they indeed need to be verified installed again