Question about Flame Torrent on pets?

I read somewhere that demo builds shouldn’t bind flame torrent to thermite mines because they have zero weapon damage and also that way you don’t trigger adcth. Is that true? It shows the same figure no matter what I bind it to…

Yes that is true I’m afraid, because mines are pseudo-pets and have no weapon damage, unlike ‘real’ pets.

so why it doesnt show 0 when i bind it to mines? the figure doesnt change no matter the binding, firestrike, grenado, anything, it stays the same.

Because … reasons, the tooltip almost never updates, just the way it’s coded I guess.

I think the tooltip only reflects character stats, always, but I am not 100% sure about that. On my pet Ritualist, Elemental Storm does almost 0 damage (scales with player), but my pet hits with it for about 10 times more than it’s stated.

I think you’re right. I tried to test it on the dummies but no luck. I wish Crate was a little more consistent with the way stats are displayed…

As I recall from my days when I dabbled with pseudo pets (ie : pets that scales with player stats), essentialy, pseudo pets act as if they where another player.

• They do not trigger your on hit/on attack procs (only yourself/your powers proc these)
  • If you bind a devotion to a pseudo pet (or a classical pet), the devotion will use the pet stat to calculate damage.
    Or, pseudo pets have 0 weapon damage (it has changed for normal pet recently if I recall correctly)
    So the weapon damage part of the devotion will be 0 (flat damage will be ok cause your pseudo pet has roughly the same damage bonuses than your char, it scales with player stats after all)
    Plus if the devotion has adcth attached to it, it will heal the pseudo pet (remember pseudo pet act like another player) same with a normal pet here.

I resume, think of it like this.
Even if they’re summoned by your character, pseudo pets are different beings. So every power emanating from them (unless specified precisely in description that it affect the player) will affect the pseudo pets exactly as if they were other players.
So devotions emanating from the pseudo pet will use the pseudo pet stat (0 weapon damage), and affect the pseudo pet if it has a part that affect the player (adcth)

That’s why it’s better to bind devotions like elemental storm (no weapon damage, no adcth) to a pseudo pet rather than devotions like twin fangs (weapon damage and adcth).

Hope that clear things a bit