Question about starting end game farming? Crucible vs SR vs RDs?

Just curious if anyone had any tips or suggestions? I can reliable farm around 100-120 crucible, think I cleared up to like SR 40 or so. Both seem okay for farming.

Was curious if there was any tips or tricks, or which is better. I am just trying to farm gear/recipes to eventually make a new build. This is my first character.

What I was wondering was if anyone had any decent strategy, like if you use tributes , if its better to farm 10 waves at time, or 30, or 5 SR’s shards at once or 2-3?

Thanks in advance guys,

Farm rogue like dungeons. 20runs should be 70 legs or so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQtWOVyzRp4&t=0s

The best ways of farming are playing 150-170 waves of Glad Cruci or 65-66 SR levels.
Also, there’s no need to farm a large amount of shards, 2 is enough to get your reward (50-51, 65-66 etc)

okay, I can’t do much past 50 so i will try to do 50-52. Thanks, you think this is better then rogue like dungeons?

well, when I did the RD for the last time, I got about 1-2 legendary item per dungeon. not very satisfying.

Thanks for sharing, video was interesting and well made. I might give shot for hour or so , I been doing crucible a bit and its good for change. I will give SR a try now and see if I can do 2 shards at 50 , I think I was barely able to unlocked 50 with my DW Battlemage Krieg 100% Aether.

Shard 50 already counts as the first of two, so getting the loot at the end of 51 is enough :slight_smile:

My tip would be to just try out what’s best yourself: do at least 3 runs of each, count the legendarys & compare.

In contrast to afana, I actually liked farming roguelikes when I just started to get into the endgame of GD, since they are a little easier & also give you much more crafting materials etc. (of which you might need a few, too).

High levels of Crucible/SR are obviously the best option once your build is strong enough to do them, though.

Thank you, I will give this a try. I am in sure need of recipes .

Also do you normally full clear the rogue like dungeons or just do bosses and elites?

Trash are not worth it. SoT is the fastest
basically the locked room after you reach the lock door, right. Then Ilgor and Alkamos. Of you have Nemesis rank with Undead, Moosi can spawn there. And if you need Solael pants, kill him, that’s it. Everything else is waste of time.

1 Like

But builds, who are capable of doing so, most probably already have all required items and dont really need an upgrade.
For farming, Gladiator 130-150 is great. Rewards are almost the same, as for 150-170, but it’s much easier.

1 Like

Yes and yes. I also like Ancient Grove, though, both because it can give ~6 Ugdenblooms per run (check every tree stump you can find for them!) and because it has – in my opinion – one of the coolest bossfights in the game.

Never forget to include the fun factor in your evaluation of farm runs! That’s the reason we play this game, after all (or at least why I do it, at any rate) :wink:

3 Likes

Rogue dungeons are really worth it, if you need some components or MI’s, that drop there. For example, BoC is great for farming Roiling Blood (you need an absurd amounts of it to craft certain components), AG - for Ugdenbloom, rings, belt, etc.

Crucible and SR is a VERY bad place for farming components - and i see it as a weak spot. You get literally no components while farming those!
But if you want purely legendaries, nemesis or other hard-to-get MI’s and recipes - then those are the best.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I did bunch of Shattered realms 40-41, and some crucibles, and quite few Roge Like Dungeons. They all netted some pretty great rewards. SR’s seem to give more recipes and materials for crafting then Crucible, but maybe that was just the way it seemed.

Overall I think I preferred SR and RLD. I appreciate the tips, after just few hours I was able to craft a full set of gear for another build I wanted to test.

Just FYI I knew you could transmute gear into another set piece of same set, I had no idea you could roll to a completely random set which is really cool. I wish I had known this before, I have like a ridiculous amount of set pieces that I was just saving.

Rolling for random set requires tons of quite valuable maths, though…

SR 75-76 run pretty much make the rest of the game farming obselete imo. Im getting multiple sets completed just by running it on loop. Also some nice MI too.

It is also absurdly expensive. Celestial lotus is hard to come by.