Question about x86 and x64 loading issue

I’m running Win 10 x64. GD 1.1.9.4. The only way I can get x64 to run is to create a shortcut in the main game dir telling it to launch from the x64 folder. If I manually launch from x64 folder all i get is a black screen that just sits. If i run from shortcut in main game dir it runs perfect. 1.1.9.4 x64 in the bttm corner. What is up with this?

Thanks.

PS: AWESOME, AWESOME work guys. Keep it up.

It’s a limitation of Steam.

Edit: Oops, I have not really addressed your question, but I hope it helps anyway.

Not using Steam and this is the 1st time I’ve ever seen it in 2 yrs of playing.

Then I take it you are a GOG user. Not sure how that works anymore since they released GOG Galaxy 2. I only start GD via the Galaxy client, but maybe you are not using it either. Sorry, someone more knowledgeable needs to look into this.

Edit:

I guess this is just how the cookie crumbles. The x64 executable is in a subfolder, but in order to access the rest of the game files it needs to be executed in its parent folder.

Anyway you can pin the shortcut to your taskbar and launch the game without having to navigate to its installation folder. And it does not even launch the Galaxy client for me.

I went back to CODEX and no worries, be appy.

I didn’t catch it at the time but i had codex base and installed gog on top and they don’t play very well like that. Knives, brains, blood and guts splattering away again.

What else would you expect with a pirated copy of the game.

Do you have a legit one now? If so, then uninstall the game completely (pirated and legit) and then install the legit one.

Eventually I will. I have done so for most every game i Have Must have 4 or 5 different Skyrim Editions. Waited in line 8hrs to get Skyrim when it came out. Me and about 100 others camped in front game stop. Also I like to run a clean install if at all possible. Kinda like a car take it for a test drive then buy it. Bought Simplerockets 2 twice. Android and Steam. Heck without the devs the feces would hit the rotating oscillator. I’ve even got 3 different Skyrim bibles. And CODEX is one of the best. Nvr had a problem from him in 20 years.

This is however the official forum for the game so please don’t ask for help with a pirated copy. When you have a legit copy of the game and if you have problems with that then you’re welcome to come back to the forum to seek help.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I’m disabled, both knees are gone just bone grinding on bone and disability only goes so far and barely at that. Heck Im still running a 2600k water cooled and losing a lane because I couldn’t find a new i7-3 series that wasn’t jack up so high. If I could get an IVY I darn sure would. In the future I will make sure my key phrasing is correct.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.