Question on Loot Drops post Ashes of Malmouth

Hi all,

sunk many hours into this game pre AOM and remember kind of beating my head in the wall praying to RNGesus for set drops. With the Addition of AOM with the new classes and new items… What has that done to loot grinds hoping to get a specific piece?

Did devs add any kind of class specific modifiers into the RNG logic or is it just crazy now to hope for the piece you need amongst the ocean of classes and sets now?

Thanks

Nope, still same old RNG.

No, no class specific modifiers have been added to the RNG logic. IIRC, they did make some changes to the chest loot tables to improve overall loot drops.

See thread Grim Dawn Version 1.0.4.0 in the [Itemization] section.

Odds of getting legendaries did increase in a few ways but the huge number of new ones added makes finding a particular one (or five) even more annoying than before.

This is why I mostly have builds with parts of sets, mix and match different similar sets, epics and legendaries. Two pieces of a set usually yield a huge set bonus to % damage of the kind you want. The downside to this is that I usually have to use MIs to reach capped resistances. I have spent countless time hunting for Cronley’s and Living Rings. I have tons of them now to use in every kind of build I want.

Still. Korba’s and Krieg’s sets are relatively easy to find and complete. And those two are great foundation for cold and aether builds respectively–strong builds that can clear main campaign and can go far in Gladiator.