Questions on Shadow Strike, Nightfall & ADctH

Hi all

Quick Q on this skill. I’ve been building a DW cold Trickster and recently hit lvl 94. So far he’s pretty strong with seemingly monstrous damage potential. I have been playing around with the gears and skills a bit.

So far, I have been using 2x Loxmere’s Frostblade, as they’re not too difficult to farm (though I never found a godly one) and I have been using Shadow Strike as one of my primarily skills. Now, as far as I can see, Shadow Strike tends to be utilized mainly by Spellbreakers, using cool-down to spam it as much as possible.

However I quite like the skill, especially as I have it down to 2.1 second recharge with Leviathan’s Whirlpool attached at 2 sec recharge, with a 100% chance to proc. That being said, I am now likely going to be equipping a Chillstrife in my off-hand, largely because I want the OA + aether resist, not to mention the increased -8 cold resistance.

Anyway, my question is this: how exactly does Shadow Strike’s modifiers, especially Nightfall, interact with the base skill? Does the AOE component of Nightfall include the original base damage of SS? Does the ADctH apply to the base damage AND the Nightfall damage? I’m also assuming the extra Crit Damage from Justifiable Ends applies to the whole skill damage?

As I say, I like the skill but, depending on the answers to these questions, it may be that running it max or close to max isn’t really worth the skill points…

Thanks!

Nightfall is a secondary effect to Shadow Strike. That’s to say, it’s like a devotion proc that triggers when Shadow Strike does so the damage it deals and ADCtHs off of are seperate to the base Shadow Strike node + Nidalla nodes. There’s a short guide to them here.

I’m not familiar with it but I have heard that the damage it deals get applied once per blade while dual-wielding so it should still be a nice amount of damage (like icing on the cake) and more importantly AoE to it. The AoE and extra hits in particular makes it a fantastic proccer for devotion skills that are harder to get going but important like Rumor.

No

Nightfall’s ADCtH? No, should be Nightfall only.

This also shouldn’t apply to Nightfall.

2 Likes