Random question of the day - In your opinion, who are the Easiest/hardest end game enemies?

Vitality resistance mitigates a lot of life reduction and resistance to life reduction works on it, obviously. People get shotgunned by Zantarin because he has the possibility to reduce your vit res by 60% and that can send your vit res to way below 80% and make the life reduction projectiles deal way more damage. Same for Razmul, if he sends your vit res below 80% (he can because he reduce your res by 30+ flat), that melee attack will hurt way more in conjunction with the high physical damage component in it.

But the actually dangerous thing with Razmul is the physical portion of his attacks. His melee attack is just as strong as Aleks meteor and his lightning rain can deal obnoxious amounts of damage.

For me it ain’t that obvious because the Ingame Tooltips read differently.

vitality-draining / vitality-decay reads more as a DoT type thingy as the decay only affects DoT types (if you play that damage type yourself) and “drain” for me refers more to adcth which is an entirely different mechanic anyways.

in the Game Guide is also no hint to that thematic :thinking:

And i have played builds like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j3RJnV that took somestimes 50% and more hp from 1 hit by said abilities which shouldn’t happen according to your statement :wink:

Indeed - nowhere in the game it says that Vit res also helps with Life Reduction attacks?

I always assumed Life Red. is mitigated only by “Resistance to Life Reduction” - like Menhir`s Bulwark?

I have tested it and confirmed it and Zantai has confirmed it as well. You can easily test with aether tornadoes that deals life reduction. Cap aether res and then start removing items with vit res until you start going below 80% and their damage will increase.

The game guide is missing several amounts of information.

1 Like

i redone the GT link from my memory since it was an old mid AoM days Char alot has changed since then so i might have missed out on something :wink: and explaining what happened to that charfile would go waay to offtopic here

would be nice if atleast the tooltips to those resistance could get some “re-wording” to better reflect against what they give protection :wink:

@norzan: Are you sure vit res reduces HP reduction?

Because even on builds with insanely overcapped vit res, i still see my HP pool drop by 20 - 30% in crucible

It’s very rare for a life reduction move to not be combined with other damage types. Only Kuba’s breath comes to mind.

1 Like

If that’s the case, then why aren’t nemesis which have low vit res vulnerable to life reduction attacks? Or are they?

EDIT: Not trying to disagree with you, just tryna wrap my head around this concept

No. I’m very sure I’ve seen my HP pool dip down from 12k total HP to 9k total

They have at minimun 96% resistance to life reduction. That res can also not be reduced, so even if you reduce their vit res to the negatives, they are still basically immune to life reduction.

1 Like

So if I have 8000 / 12000 hp, and I get hit by some funky life reduction attack, I’ll end up with 6000 / 9000 hp

There are auras that reduce your max hp if I’m reading this correctly.