Randomized Barriers

love the pictures but most the GFX!!! all pictures i just love the GFX :smiley:

Thanks Medierra. More than anything, it is a great idea. I’m sure when the game gets released other people will pick up on the simplicity of the idea and appreciate how neatly it alters gameplay in an unobtrusive manner.

why can’t he just climb over that little wall ? :smiley:

OMG!!!
These looks gorgeous!!! It’s Awesome!!!

Serious, can I have the game already? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooo that sounds great. That was something I missed in TQ as well.

And the pictures are really looking nice. The wait is getting harder with each new picture. Keep up the good work.

Sounds good to me, as long as it doesnt completely cut off some areas and I can uncover/explore the whole of the level.

Thanks for this awesome update! This is the only thing I felt was missing. Now this game has everything it needs in my eyes. Congratulations for the hard work put in, and good luck in the future!

Will there be any skills or gear that would make it traversable (jump/climb/teleport/etc…)?
It is interesting to “make” us not hug a wall and explore everything.
Getting over a wall that’s only 4 feet tall, though, is more realistic.
Aside from that, I’m all for randomization. It’s the biggest thing I missed about Diablo. There were always constants (big boss will always be on this level, but I don’t know where or when), but everything else was new.
JJ

Mostly for insurance reasons. Due to the risk of personal injury and lawsuits that might arise from it, the property owners strictly prohibit climbing of any sort.

I wonder if you climb up in full plate armor.:rolleyes:

why can’t that wall just climb over HIM?

whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
my brain can’t even handle it.

…sorry ive been awake for a long time now

So beautiful… this waiting is driving me nuts :frowning:

There isn’t much else to say that hasn’t been said already. Everything looks fantastic.
Which in itself is a bit of a bummer, cause it just means that it makes me want this game even more than I already do, and the wait is excruciating.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Still waiting for the new video. When are you gonna show us some new gameplay video?

hehe, already bought the game long ago.

Now I just received most parts for my new - used - computer, so that I’m sure to play GD in MAX settings when it comes out!

Fits perfectly with a new addition the world of possibilities in GD

I’m lovin’ it!

So the levels will be static, only scenery (including blocking scenery) will be randomized? Now I get it… I think.

It is going to be very nice to have some diversity to the maps.I am assuming that these barriers will change each time you start a multiplayer game and probably if you restart in singleplayer,but what about just continuing a singleplayer game and replaying a area already cleared in a previous session.Will barriers possibly be different from a previous session.

So upon reading the whole thread(i was lazy before) it seems to me that the barriers will be regenerated at each new session of gameplay.

Excellent work as always. Can’t wait to see what you all come up with next.

Looks great!

The more randomization you add, the more time the game will be popular and more Diablo fans will be… taken! :wink:

I like the excellent quality scenarios from TQ (and I think thats only possible with a fixed design), but a mix between random/fixed could be perfect.

Just wanted to let you folks know how great the game is looking! I’ve been watching Grim Dawn on and off over the last few years, I have no doubt it’s going to be right up there with Diablo III and especially Torchlight II as my must-have action/rpg’s. I’ve also been keeping an eye on Path of Exile, too. 2012 is going to spoil us action/rpg fans!