RATA in Vanilla

Okay. So, I would like to make a suggestion to the developers, which is to please add more or bigger sources of Retaliation–Added-To-Attack in the base game. I know, the expansions are fairly cheap, and Forgotten Gods mostly does away with this problem. But still, my latest build (focusing on Physical Retaliation, with 2.7k DA and 2.6 OA) got through all of Port Valbury only to face Aldritch and take nearly 20 minutes to kill his two allies. Then, Aldritch simply refused to die because his self heal recharges in 40 seconds and I couldn’t kill him in that time. Last few times I also had serious problems with the Loghorrean when using Retal builds (though they were other builds) and it’s really jarring how almost any boss enemy that doesn’t attack you in melee takes AGES to kill.
Maybe more RATA would make Retal chars broken, but I don’t think. Almost all of my other characters are less tough but they don’t need to, because they don’t take 20 minutes to finish fights and don’t hit brick walls like Retal does.
Build I used against Aldritch: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GE1QqZ (maybe it’s just a terrible build, but I having to quit Port Valbury because Aldritch was immortal is something that only happens to Retal guys I have)

TL;DR: Some enemies are nearly immortal only to Retal builds, so it would be nice to have a way of dealing with them with Retal (RATA for example), especially if, like Loghorrean, they are a part of the story quests.

2 Likes

It bugs me a little that RatA is FG exclusive. In vanilla and AoM retal builds were a complete slog to level. I never bothered because nobody likes to do absolutely nothing to half of enemies. The introduction of RatA fixed that and now retal builds are actually fun to play.

Like how skill modifiers were added to vanilla because they ended up becoming a core mechanic of the game, I think that RatA should be added too. It’s just become a core aspect of retal builds.

+1 from me.

Retaliation was pretty much the " Just kill" Ravager archetype

And now they are broken ( well some of them are and have been since FG release)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.