Recovering save that has been played on forgotten gods

I have a backup of my save from a few months ago on the vanilla game before installing forgotten gods DLC. Little did I know that I would not be able to play with friends that don’t have it or be able to open my character in the regular game ever again.

Is there any trick to modify/scrub a save file of forgotten gods stuff so I can open it in regular game mode and play with friends again?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This might be what you’re looking for.

I know you’re trying to help, and are likely unware, but a file linked in that thread shows malware on virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d66bf2359cfe9e0df346d40d94759077547af3041b7dca5a7251e4bf347e08b6/detection

May be a false positive. Believe me, powbam isn’t likely to put malware on his programme. Hopefully he’ll be able to put your mind at rest soon. He’s been notified about this.

1 Like

its a false positive. none of the engines I’d consider being the most trustworthy detected anything, and the file is at least a month old

1 Like

lol I didn’t even see this thread :slight_smile:

No, my program isn’t malware. I even let you view the source code if you really like. Pretty much all Switcher does atm is create shortcut files with custom launch commands to launch the game with whatever expansion and settings you choose.

Everything it does can be done manually if you really want.

Otherwise, I don’t think you can remove the FG (or the AoM) from a character once it has been loaded fully into the game world.

Yeah, I kinda pieced together that this wouldn’t fix the save issue. Major bummer, though because I enticed a bunch of friends to get the game since it’s on sale on steam now, and they lost patience trying to get us to play together and ended up refunding and moving on to something else. I could have started a new character, but didn’t want to lose many months of progress. I wish they would have said this somewhere beforehand. I would have never wasted my money on that damn expansion.