Reign of Darkness: Old School Sandbox hardcore MMORPG

Reign of Darkness is currently in alpha and has recently put the game on early access on steam.

Youtuber Review (Must watch!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBGLbbwP7Tg

The game plays/feels like an old school MMO and doesn’t hold your hand at all. At the same time, it sucks you in the deeper you go and the more you discover about the game.

There are 8 character classes in which you can choose 3 to put points into creating a very deep multiclass system. In order to survive this harsh world, you will need to think about how you build your character.

And that is just the beginning…

Dungeons scale to your level and have 4 difficulties. (Regular, Medium, Hard, Nightmare)… In order to beat these dungeons, you need to work together with other players to beat the content.

The game also offers crafting system (which unlocks after a quest) to enhance your gears stats, create gems, and infuse gems into your gear to further your characters power.

While the game is in alpha, I will say the current game is very much worth playing and supporting the developer.

I have played MMOs since The Realm and Meridian 59, I would NOT hype up this game unless it was worth it. It is worth it!

There is a cash shop which is named “Development Support”. It is 100% optional and ALL items can be earned by playing and it isn’t that hard to obtain.

Game can be found on STEAM

Official Discord (Very helpful community!!!) : https://discord.gg/XaEvN5A

Hi, im always looking for new games. but here are some things that put me off

• the youtube you provide does very little of showing something useful that shows why this game is worth playing
    -you yourself just say a couple lines about the game, but nothing mcuh
    that adds to the already meager youtube

Look maybe there isn’t just much of the game to share i get that but until there is more of the game i really don’t see why this is worth playing and what is the extra that this game gives compared to the many many mmo’s out there.

basically right now you get this for 20 euro:

As it is, the game offers players a “vertical slice” of the core gameplay and mechanics with 2 public zones, approximately 30 quests, 120 skills and abilities, Werewolf shape-shifting, and 3 dungeon instances that players will have to locate themselves. “Once located, dungeon/instances are designed for solo or team play with a maximum of 5 team members, and are always set to the player’s level or team leader’s level (+3 or -3),” explains the developer.

For 19.99, its worth even though its early in development.

I wish I could erase my memory and start at level 1 again and replay it. The game is about exploring, learning, theorycrafting… You will play it and say in chat “Wish I had more of this or that”… You are free to respec anytime and test out builds. So that next monster your struggling to kill gets that much easier.

Im currently level 69 and still learning new things and new builds.

This isn’t an MMO like WoW where your path is defined. Its a sandbox in which you can go out and do anything and all the content is rewarding somehow. Like I can kill a level 1 scorpion at level 69 and still find something useful.

If you don’t like old school feel MMOs or you want something super polished, sure, this might not be for you right now. As for me, I have sunk 50+ hours into it and Im still going.

1 Like

Interesting. I like the 3-class system. Reminds me of an old MMO game I played (that also had singleplayer) called…Minions of Mirth - but this obviously looks a TON better than that. I’ve added it to my wish list and will keep an eye on the development.

hmm ok, well its just little to go on right now. There are advantages of having a more story or linear game, usually the completely free games bore me a little bit. Other than that it looks clunky but i could get over that. But what i don’t get is why this one there are tons of mmorpgs going right now.