[REL] Grim UI

I’m interested.

I use the Asset Manager.

No, we don’t have the ability to add search bars.

I’ve never used Item Assistant, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Try asking it’s author though.

Sounds like you copied the files from the “assets” folder and those aren’t what you want, as you discovered. Those only tell the Asset Manager what and where to build. After you create the assets, build the mod. The files you want can be found in the mod’s “resources” folder, located in ...Grim Dawn\mods\YourMod.

1 Like

Most likely it is how you say , did not bothered to try the tex files from the resources folder because i assumed they are the same at that moment.

Thank you all

records\ui\skills\classcommon\skills_classpanelconfiguration.dbr
panePosX,19,
panePosY,52,

records\ui\skills\classselection\skills_classselectiontable.dbr
panePosX,19,
panePosY,52,

1 Like

Ah-ha … nice to know. Thank you, sir!

Any chance of making a thread on here for your project? Interested in seeing, weary of implementing!

And JMD, thanks for all your help. After a lot of time trying to fix things between updates, the crucible custom char fix now works. You put a lot of time in to me and I appreciate it. I’ve got no idea why it wouldn’t just work out the box like yours!

Thankfully I don’t have to navigate inside those files like you do… but I’m intrigued. :grinning:

Just to clarify, if I’m using X-mod strategist, do the provided files somewhere contain the 2560 resolution files, or are they yet to come? I liked it when the boxes were small, and I assume that was why.

I’m really impressed with your work here, and the new collaboration.

In terms of content, a search box would be incredible, but I know you said that would be stepping into dev territory and altering the actual game itself, so that answers your earlier question I’m afraid. @cosminkz

I’d love the Grim/Malmouth UI, it’s a lot more fitting than the current UI.

Also, higher resolution would be great. I loved the smaller boxes.

In terms of @front210 and his additions, I’d love to see a notification that I already have an item, and how many I actually have, in the popup when you hover over an item. Sometimes I’ve bought things twice, and this would resolve that.

Anyway, again, thanks for the amazing work on this. I look forward to seeing the updates.

1 Like

Speaking of Crucible and Grim UI -

I’ve been meaning to mention this but wasn’t sure where the “fault” lies…

I noticed when playing Crucible via Grim Internals /w Grim UI, that when it comes time to collect loot - it seems I’m restricted to the “standard” bag slots. (Meaning I can’t take advantage of the additional allotted space like I can in the campaign)

Now, maybe this has changed recently but I felt it was worth pointing out etc.

Thanks as always JMD, you da man! :+1:

1 Like

No, there are no 2560 files for the Hoarder or Strategist, sorry. Those were part of the original x-mod only, but have since been removed.

I’m working on theme support, but it’s gonna take some time.

The only thing I can surmise from this is, the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr is not being used. This file is crucial as it controls the character’s inventory and bag spaces. My only solution is to merge the x-mod with the Crucible unless there’s something @GlockenGerda can do.

I wish I had a better answer for ya, sir.

2 Likes

Exactly! The problem is that the crucible’s gameengine.dbr has to be loaded last, as it contains data values explicitly needed for the crucible mode (e.g. eventBeginSound, NPC voices etc.), so it “overwrites” the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr.

If GI would load the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr last, the defined sounds / voices would not be played…and so on…

So the best way would be to merge the crucible’s gameengine.dbr with the x-mod file, like @JMD mentioned, to create a 100% compatible x-mod version.

1 Like

Any chance you could create that merged file and include it in the Grim UI zip moving forward JMD??

Thanks as always sir!

Also, keep in mind that the main purpose for the “Crucible mode for custom mods” was to use the new classes and skills of a custom mod (i.e. Grimarillion / DoM). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What question ? If it is the one regarding the Tex files then it was my mistake not to use the files from the Resources , like JMD said ,so i used the converted files from the assets and ignred the resources folder after failure. If it is not this question then be more specific because i have a reputation about missing small stuff =)))))

The question about a search function for the bags. I would love one, but the reason is it’s stepping into illegitamately modifying game code (I only know because I asked for it myself just the other day).

@Flintrose this post was actually directed at you.

I do not remember asking that but who knows

JMD - The only thing I can surmise from this is, the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr is not being used. This file is crucial as it controls the character’s inventory and bag spaces. My only solution is to merge the x-mod with the Crucible unless there’s something @GlockenGerda can do.

I wish I had a better answer for ya, sir.

Wow what an incredible idea JMD, I sure am glad you’re thinking about all this! This seems like an incredible idea. :grinning:

Exactly! The problem is that the crucible’s gameengine.dbr has to be loaded last, as it contains data values explicitly needed for the crucible mode (e.g. eventBeginSound, NPC voices etc.), so it “overwrites” the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr.

If GI would load the x-mod’s gameengine.dbr last, the defined sounds / voices would not be played…and so on…

• @GlockenGerda So the best way would be to merge the crucible’s gameengine.dbr with the x-mod file, like @JMD mentioned, to create a 100% compatible x-mod version.

I’m glad the issue had been identified and we could maybe see collaboration on a fix of some kind. :grinning: :innocent:

or an easy with of us laymens using the AssetManager…

• @GlockenGerda Also, keep in mind that the main purpose for the “Crucible mode for custom mods” was to use the new classes and skills of a custom mod (i.e. Grimarillion / DoM).

GlockenGerda, first of all thank you so much for the hotfix which will allow me to use GrimUI Malmouth themes again in the Crucible mod fix. Genuinely apreciate it so much. :heart:

With regard to the original intent, what anyone reading this must understand about my obsession with Grim UI - which I consider absolutely essential, as is GI - is that my ADHD is absolutely through the roof. I’ve never played an aRPG and I gave up on maths when I left school and had a calculator on my phone.

My adult identified ADHD is absolutely terrible and I have seriously ridiculous memory. I’m also obsessed with everything being perfect, though it never is. An out of work perfectionist. I need all that extra stash of Grim UI to hoard things until I’m in a state of mind where I can try and sort them, which is rare! It would be really debilitating without it. That’s a genuine issue for me, which is why I’m so glad you have this crucible fix, and it works with GrimUI. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, I’m glad yous have both agreed to merge Grim UI into X-Mod. Or some instructions that I understand… :wink:

1 Like

Huge apologies, it was @Flintrose

No problem man , when i finish the compatibility issues in Nydiamar, Reign Of Terror and the curent Dom-Reborn mod i wil also look for a way to add searching box for the bags.
The full mod(3 diferent ones but all sharing the same masteries ,items and some mobs) will not be public but the searching feature if i decide to do something about i will post it .

1 Like

Thanks, hit me up if you do please!

@JMD No need to fiddle with (or think about) merging your mod and the crucible database; it’s a GI problem, that a mod which has an extended bag space doesn’t work properly in Crucible Mode.
I’m sure, I’ll find a way to fix this in GI itself, so that all mods will work in the future.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for letting me know and I certainly hope you find a solution!

:turkey:

Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate it!

:turkey:

5 Likes

The item glitch is definitely fixed at my end. Thank you so much people, stacks of effort were put in by yous. :heart: :slightly_smiling_face:

GrimUI is now fully working with crucible… for me at least!

3 Likes